INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

My daughter lives in Indy in the Cottage Home Historic District near downtown by the Arsenal High School. Her neighbors have chickens and a rooster-- in downtown Indy! My daughter has mentioned that there are chicken coop tours, usually in the summer, and a business called Nap Town Chickens 317-938-1199 on Kessler Blvd. that has a Facebook page.

Thanks, I've been all over the Nap Town Chickens website, that's how I got a lot of ideas already. I subscribed to the newsletter, but have gotten no response, then while reading a Dummies book about chickens I found out about BYC. I'll give them a call, thanks. I don't do Facebook. Too much other stuff happening lol.

If anyone is interested, I added more photos on my profile page. I can't wait until spring to get some good photos. "Too Fast" Steve and Sondra might want to look at my coop photos. The only thing I would've changed about it is having a window. I'm also still in the process (have to wait until spring to complete) of staining it and painting a mural. I know it should have been stained first, but we had to get the coop built fast because the chickens were outgrowing the dog kennel in my daughter's bedroom. We would take them out everyday for supervised free ranging time, but we kept having to bring them in and out. One important thing to remember when building a coop is to make sure there are no little nails or staples laying around on the ground because the chickens can eat them and die from "hardware death."

I usually keep a clean worksite, but I will be extra vigilant now. I can easily see chickens investigating little nails, staples etc. And yes, they are growing fast. There is a big difference from what we brought home 5 days ago! We do plan on a window or 3.

Trying too upload some pics not having much luck at it

Think i got it this is one of our langshan bantam roos

I have to commend you for having some serious patience! I've only gotten variety pack once and swore I'd never do it again! ! Suspense drove me crazy! No kidding! Ha!
yuckyuck.gif
Too funny...I'm exactly the opposite! I absolutely LOVE not knowing what I will end up with in my mixed batches. I love waiting impatiently for the adult feathers to start coming in so I can guess what they will be. Thats one of the reasons I like EEs so much I think - never quite sure which chipmunk will end up what color.

Oh animallover~ I lived in MI for 5 years. Talk about SNOW! Too bad my kids are too small to remember it. We took pics though of our then 2 year old next to the snow that was taller than her. And it wasn't a drift or mound.
Cluck~ how exciting! I may go out again to look for a cabinet since school was canceled and DH can help. :)

Oh animallover~ I lived in MI for 5 years. Talk about SNOW! Too bad my kids are too small to remember it. We took pics though of our then 2 year old next to the snow that was taller than her. And it wasn't a drift or mound.
Cluck~ how exciting! I may go out again to look for a cabinet since school was canceled and DH can help.
smile.png
ive lived there all my life moved her 4-5 years ago

Back
Top Bottom