INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

There is an ad on Indy Craigslist for pea eggs. Guy is selling for $5 an egg! Good deal from what I've seen

I will find me some before springs out hehe!
wink.png

Does anyone have wheels they would like to sell for cheap?
I'm trying to find some for our movable coop.

Also would anyone be interested in a lovely Blue Laced Red Wyandotte rooster or a white game rooster. I have two game hens as well that are of laying age. I'm not positive that they are laying yet though.

Does anyone have wheels they would like to sell for cheap?
I'm trying to find some for our movable coop.

Also would anyone be interested in a lovely Blue Laced Red Wyandotte rooster or a white game rooster. I have two game hens as well that are of laying age. I'm not positive that they are laying yet though.

I saw some for 6-8 bucks at TSC If I had some I would share them tho.

Lots of new chicks hatched, glad to see everyone doing well with that. Especially the first time hatchers. We've never done that, but this is our first year for chickens! Who knows what the future has in stock?

Some updated pictures of the coop build:

^^^Some friends over to help. For an hour lol!

^^^I'm installing the cedar shake shingle my wife liked. So much for the
cheap pallet coop!

^^^You can see where the slide out door will be for the poop tray.

The almost finished roof. It's mostly straight, I kept telling myself
I'm building a chicken coop, not a human house.

After reading about the hawk attacks, I wonder if we will let them free range
in our yard. That was funny reading about how the chickens all ran
and hid when the owl was put up!

So jealous! I plan on building a couple peacock aviaries to raise a couple color. I would have loved the white pair!:D

Edit:
I am refering to the post about Dinky's, evidently it didn't quote it.

Last edited:
I haven't had any trouble incubating peafowl eggs in the Sportsman. I do believe peachicks are more delicate than chicks in the first week. But that is just from my personal experience.

I have never had mean or bad-tempered peafowl, either. I find them to be curious and highly entertaining. And what a blessing it is to look up and see a displaying peacock in all his glory!

Back
Top Bottom