INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hi all. I've been around but not much on the board busy with so many things but I am glad to see there is a new active group. Does anyone live in NW Indiana in Calumet Township that has chickens, just curious.....
Hope you are all enjoying our lovely NOT spring weather. I know my chickens are more then ready for this cold stuff to go away (me too as I'm tired of carrying buckets of water....)

Welcome!! I also cant wait for spring!!

Does anyone know who lost the lav orp in Campvilesville, In? I found a post for some in Ky on craigslist. I don't know if these are theirs but I thought I would post it and they might know. [email protected] This is the reply address for them. Check it out for louisville craigslist.

Welcome all new members! 4 the birds- nice flock,love the goats too cute:) also flock looks like a nice coop you got going there. Crafty chick your new fuzzie butts are adorable :)

Hello all first timer here from the east side of Marion county

Welcome AATH and all newcomers
welcome-byc.gif
! I am on the east too AATH, not to far from naptown chickens. Do you have any chicks yet? I have about 12 of them right now. Boy do they grow fast!
D.gif
There are a lot of good people on here so if you need any help just holler.
highfive.gif
Ashley in Indiana.

So, I was looking at my incubator.... and thought hmm I can make it BIGGER! I used a longer clear plastic tote, lined it with styrofoam and then shelf liner. This one will be big enough for a homemade turner, 5 quart jars of water, and 24 eggs at a time. I decided to put a drain in the bottom for the excess water that gathered under the styrofoam in the last one. And a tube to fill the resevoir. This one, Ishouldnt have to open it til Itake the turner out for lockdown. I'll let you know how it's working when I finish it tomorrow

Finally getting on today. Thanks for all the comments on the hawks.
www.americannettings.com is where I went for help after our one-and-only hawk incident. You can read the story of Larry the Hero Peacock here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/608864/hawk-attack-stopped-by-larry-the-peacock

There are many, many hawks in our area, but with Larry on duty they leave my chickens alone.

Could you discuss peafowl a bit.
-Do they get along w/the chickens or do they fight with them?
-Do you house them w/the chickens or do they roost outside? Or somewhere else?
-What do they eat?
-How do you winter them?
-Assuming Larry is a male. Do you have others or just Larry?

This HOOSIER just found this thread via an e-mail. I mostly hangout in the main forums to read and give advice.

We are located North of Indy in Westfield and we have a few dozen chickens. Glad to add to any discussion around here! Oh.... Pictures!

yippiechickie.gif

Nice coop...thanks for the photos!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom