INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Oh, I dont NEED ducks. Just took the kids to look. They had baby bunnies too. An older lady came in the door as I was leaving with my 2 kids and the baby I watch during the day, she said " you must be pretty brave going out by yourself with those kids". I just smiled, but thought, no, I just give myself twice the amount of time to get things done. And I expect the usual wanting to look at tractor toys. :) I'm a pretty laid back person

my roosters for meat birds came. Those chicks can get loud. They are eating well but not all of them are drinking. At least I did not pay a lot of money for them.
do you want some other young roosters/cockerels? I have 6 to get rid of. They are not exactly meat birds, but Astralorps are dual purpose birds, and the father of mine is an Astraulorp. The two that hatched Dec 22nd are pretty big--almost as tall as "Dad" already--but not as filled out. The ones from the January 24th hatch are as big as the females that were hatched a month earlier. I am on the north side of Indy (near Broad Ripple) if you want to come get them for free.
cool.png

where did your roosters come from?
Meyer hatchery. They are the leftover roosters that we plan to raise for meat. They are not the white meat birds.
do you want some other young roosters/cockerels? I have 6 to get rid of. They are not exactly meat birds, but Astralorps are dual purpose birds, and the father of mine is an Astraulorp. The two that hatched Dec 22nd are pretty big--almost as tall as "Dad" already--but not as filled out. The ones from the January 24th hatch are as big as the females that were hatched a month earlier. I am on the north side of Indy (near Broad Ripple) if you want to come get them for free.
cool.png
Not right now, I don't have a place for them. I have an extra rooster for my hens that I'm trying to get rid of too before butchering time comes in the middle of the summer. If I still have him then he will go into a stew pot then.

Meyer hatchery. They are the leftover roosters that we plan to raise for meat. They are not the white meat birds.
Not right now, I don't have a place for them. I have an extra rooster for my hens that I'm trying to get rid of too before butchering time comes in the middle of the summer. If I still have him then he will go into a stew pot then.
ok...if you hear of anyone who might want them, plase let me know as they need to go very soon.
fl.gif

To Cluck Acres~ This is your photo-- I had commented that they looked like the ones at my house a week ago. Well, another large flock just flew over. I was outside when my chickens sounded their alert. I looked up a saw a huge flock flying back and forth before moving on. This time they stayed pretty high in the air. The last time some of them came down low. I'm going to email a local bird expert to find out what exactly is going on.

Back
Top Bottom