INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I am loving this weather!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I cannot get enough of my chickens, so you have to suffer through my endless posts of chicken pictures.
hide.gif
Sorry!

This is Berren. He is a Biewer Yorkie, but he thinks he is a chicken dog. He walks around all day with the chickens. It is hilarious!

Just some of the flock looking for the best bugs in the yard.

They love the tall grass.

I can't get enough of them. They are so entertaining!

My little Buff Orpington. I don't like to pick favorites, but she is definitely my favorite!!!!

Oh, how they love a good compost pile.

I love the purple crab apple pedals all over the ground.

Pure JOY!
Even though I don't always coment, I LOVE looking at everyones Pictures !!! Love your little dog !!

Littleameraucanamom - here is Wolf Lake's response to being a vendor at their swap.
a vendor spot is $20, it is 25' x19'. you can set up the friday before. you can camp on your spot, just no campfires. you can pick out your spot the wedensday before. no cages, or cage supplies, and nothing illegal are allowed for sale. beyond that we have just a few common sense rules. hope to see you there, and good luck!"
Wonder why you can't sell cages ?? Seems odd with everyone selling animals??? I've bought cages to haul what I've brought home before. I don't think we are going this time, just to far and with the chance of rain. Maybe next time.

Wonder why you can't sell cages ?? Seems odd with everyone selling animals??? I've bought cages to haul what I've brought home before. I don't think we are going this time, just to far and with the chance of rain. Maybe next time.

If I had to guess it has to do with them having a permanent building on site that just sells cages and all supplies to make them. They are very reasonable in price as well.

Be sure to post if you ever decide to go!

Go for it!  My daughter did a search for German names (he is a German Yorkie) and that was her favorite!!!  What kind of a dog are you getting?
well it might be easier to answer what kind I DON'T plan on getting lol. Right now I have a 9 yr old Bouvier des Flandres, 4 yr old Miniature Pinscher, and a 1 yr old French Bulldog. While I still have a lot of breeds I'd like own before deciding a favorite, the french bulldog has really jumped to the top of this list. He is such a goof ball, but also loves to cuddle. Here is a recent pic of him sunbathing.
e3c7177994641a36f42a1b83e7dd0fcc_zps989ecca0.jpg

And all three
861e5c73e90aa93db9b596284c4027ff_zps27efd0cd.jpg

Too fast mentioned reading about grass clippings clogging the crop. There also have been concerns about too many mealworms causing kidney damage. I did some googling about both issues, and the overall advice is "moderation is the key" when offering specific types of foods-- not only because of health problems associated with too much of one thing, but also to ensure a balanced diet. (I'm no expert, but I play one on this thread! ha)

So many beautiful photos posted today! vickichicki's arty shots, sirbuster's cute roo possibility, bradselig's scenic country chicks & babies in a box, pipd's garden assistants. My favorite was Leah's mom's hen and baby. I want a hen and baby!!

Haha... I agree with the moderation deal. With my confined chickens I tend to find them over indulgent when I introduce new stuff. Where as free ranging some things are not so much a novelty and therefore not in panic mode to eat things so the others can not.
I have been giving a small amount of clippings to the girls as well as grasshoppers. They are loving it. Can not wait to get a run set up.

Well I have a grown baby if you want one... He comes toilet trained and complete with inter changeable outfits
lau.gif

As for the hens... Well i am sure there is not a shortage of those around

Pip - Love the 'helpers'. Great work on getting the veggie garden going.

Hogster - Good luck on getting the coop finished!

Too Fast - Big box of ear plugs on Amazon.. you can hand them to the neighbours :D

AATH - Now running around after chickens with a costume on might get you arrested.

Stressdmom - Great family pictures. My spaniel stands at the coop opening 'pointing' at the chicks. Just a hint to let me know they could never be cuddly. Glad your dog is not bothered by the chickens.

Been so fun looking at everyones pictures and recent activities.

On that note, has anyone heard anything from Crafty? Have not seen anything from then in a minute. Unless I missed it.

Saw this @ Tractor Supply & fell in love! $99 but it hits almost to my upper thigh. Grabby hands & puppy dog eyes to DH.

Great stuff!!!! Did it work? :D

Went to Smith Impliments in Greenfield today, happens to be right next door to Orchslens. Had to pop in there for feed. They had a porcelain d'uccle in there. If there was more than one... I would have pulled the puppy eyes to DH too.

Back
Top Bottom