INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Are any of you using organic feed for your birds? Anywhere near the Indianapolis area you've been able to find it?
wlbaker3 ~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread!
welcome-byc.gif

Please read our thread info on page 2629, post 26284.

When I was visiting Indy last winter, I went to Agrarian: Home -- a store in Broadripple where I bought organic feed made in Lebanon, Indiana (see photo below). It was fairly expensive and very powdery, so I wasn't a fan. However, I liked that they sold bulk seeds for chicken treats-- like barley, oats, wheat, rye, etc.

Everyone who sent me messages regarding buying chicks, I haven't forgotten about you. I'm hoping to move the last of the chicks out tomorrow and will get pics tomorrow or Wednesday. Apologize for the delay. Taking much longer to get the garage organized and cleaned than I thought.

I decided to move my broody out of the chicken pen before her eggs hatch, so I went in tonight to get her. I picked her up and found that of the 6 eggs under her, 1 was crushed and another cracked. It must have happened either today or yesterday, because the crushed egg was pretty developed. What a bummer. Hopefully the other 4 are ok. They are Marans eggs from @ellymayRans . I also have 6 in my 'bator because they wouldn't all fit under the broody. If her hatch doesn't work out, I'll try to slip some of the 'bator chicks under her.

Everyone who sent me messages regarding buying chicks, I haven't forgotten about you. I'm hoping to move the last of the chicks out tomorrow and will get pics tomorrow or Wednesday. Apologize for the delay. Taking much longer to get the garage organized and cleaned than I thought.

Kudos to you for your clean out. Takes much more work than messing it up.
Have any showgirl or silkie chicks about 4 wks old? Thought I might help you further. ;)

I decided to move my broody out of the chicken pen before her eggs hatch, so I went in tonight to get her.  I picked her up and found that of the 6 eggs under her, 1 was crushed and another cracked.  It must have happened either today or yesterday, because the crushed egg was pretty developed.  What a bummer.  Hopefully the other 4 are ok.  They are Marans eggs from @ellymayRans
.  I also have 6 in my 'bator because they wouldn't all fit under the broody.  If her hatch doesn't work out, I'll try to slip some of the 'bator chicks under her.

Bummer!!
Sounds like you have a backup plan.

Back
Top Bottom