INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

So when we first got chickens, my husband built our coops. Fort Knox coops if you will. Very sturdy lol. Well over the last year and a half, chicken math and an egg and silkie breeding operation, have left our smaller coops obsolete. Anyway if anyone needs a nice medium sized coop with an attached hardware cloth run, I'm considering selling one of ours. It's a 4x8 coop with a 4x8 run. Two doors on the front that open for access and ventilation. Two doors on the ends, one into the run, with a single hung vinyl window, one on the other end for cleaning access and letting the birds out. The run and coop are roofed with corrugated recycled asphalt roofing for barns from menards. The Structure is 2x4 studs plywood siding. Heres a few pics of it. Asking $600 It has about $900 in materials alone in it. You pick up. :)

They usually have a turd or two stuck to them. They just look clean. ;) Thanks for the nice words. The blue cream is from my birds, the black is from eggs I got out of Michigan and the Paints are from Missouri. I am getting my breeding business back up and running this spring. Mostly shipping hatching eggs.
No hard wing feathers are okay. The standard however says they should be shredded. Like this.

I am looking into selling fertile eggs this year. Do you advertise anywhere other then EB?

@jchny2000

I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of that barn!

caf.gif

Have had a few pm's and have answered everyone so far, I think. I am full up and on overload on birds right now guys, so I can't take any more in, sorry
sad.png
There was one yes, you know who you are! We are building "breed tractors" so I will have room soon for some birds needing homes, will post when ready. My true breeds will have their own coops finally. I will still keep my egg flock of mixed birds! Mister, my SFH roo will be flock master of that egg coop, he is quite the fella about all the hens.
I have my first LO egg from my breeding coop
yesss.gif
the girls are done molting! Will start setting eggs next Sunday. These are LF American Lavender Orpingtons. I plan to hatch a few weeks and then offer chicks/eggs. My LO are mature birds, just have not been able to separate the breeding stock until I felt the 3 I chose are worthy. They are mature birds. 2 hens and 1 rooster, excelling in personality and demeanor. Type is full, firm and body is impressive. Color is solid, and very pleased with the overall appearance.I do not show, but I know what I want to see in these birds, I am there with this trio.

My best Christmas present this year is ......... a new stove. And why you might be wondering do I need a new stove? well a $5 part stopped working and there was no indication that the part was broke.

The cleaning thermometer broke on my oven. When cleaning the oven, the oven got way to hot since the thermometer did not register the final temp being reached. The oven got nice and clean but way too hot. The higher temperature expanded the metal oven lining. Once cool, the expanded lining did shrink, but not to its original shape, causing the oven racks to be loose and sometimes fall. An oven liner is a part that costs too much to fix so the oven company does not even service them. So new stove to me. All because of a cheap thermometer.

Here is the new stove soon to be delivered.

spin_prod_1156950112

Hi guys :) I'm near Bloomington and looking to rehome some spare cockerels and a roo - anyone interested?

7 weeks old, Silkie/Polish mixes, absolutely beautiful birds.

7 weeks old, Cochin/Americauna/RIR mix, momma lays green eggs. I'd guess he might feather out to be birchen like his dad. His dad is gorgeous.

Little less than a year old purebred Polish rooster, absolutely beautiful and unique chocolate/bronze coloring. Hate to sell him but I've got too many roos.

Asking $5/bird just to ensure good homes, discount if you take more than one :) PM me if interested. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom