INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

hey guys we just got some EEs and OEs from jchny2000 and this is their first photo shoot!

meet Emma,Emily and Esther. Emma is the lightest one by the green flower. Emily is above Emma by the blue flower.and Esther is by the white flower.

and meet Olive,Olivia and Evangelina.

they weren't happy about there photo shoot :-( but me and my mom (flyladyrocks) had fun!

I also fell in love with this girl. She was sitting on my DD, chickiefreak's lap on the ride home. A total sweetheart! We named her Princess Belle:

Ok hatching experts... On day 18 this would be considered a clear right?

08ae15c8736b33448ebbe14cd05fd111.jpg

If so I've only got 4 of the 9 eggs in the bator that developed
1f622.png

But despite having to repeatedly put miss broody back on the right nest all 4 of the eggs she has look good
1f60a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1f622.png

But despite having to repeatedly put miss broody back on the right nest all 4 of the eggs she has look good
1f60a.png

Yup definitely a clear

Quote: Have you ever comingled 2 turkey flocks before? I'm not sure it will work, I have my MWs and my Sweetgrass separated, and I let one group at a time free range. I have to keep an eye on them or whichever group is ranging will fight with the cooped flock through the fence. It's given me a bit of a dilemma, as I'm not sure I want to maintain two separate flocks of turkeys year round.

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

In a sense yes, I did comingle the Midgets with my main flock, and BB pair Bacon and Puppy. I have not introduced my bourbons to the big flock, But intend to have a turkey enclosure ready by fall. Bacon and My Midget tom hang out together, never even squabbled. They both strut and display, both gobble. I do have some issues introducing hens, they will do a little pushing and bumping then its over. If you plan to comingle, have some extra hands there to help in case they do fight! I would be happy to come and help when the day comes.
What a wonderful surprise this morning!
My very first Peahen egg!

Funny how excited I was/am!!

Regular EE with it for comparison
Awesome news congrats!!!

Hey all! I have a surprise! The lone egg that thought was a double yolker (and the rest weren't fertile) actually hatched!! I had just let it go and figured I would see how far it got. Well last night I came home to this!!!! It is an EExSilkie cross. The EE was one I got from @SallyinIndiana and the Silkie was one from @bradselig

I sent video and pictures to my sister, who is a pre-school teacher. The kids want to see the chick, so I am going to take it in for show and tell and she is having a contest this week to name it!
Aww wonderful news!

I have turkey poults hatching SOme hatched last night and there are still a few more to go. There are at least 5 hatched so far. I'm waiting on 2 more that have zipped and 1 that has pipped.
5 Heritage RIR are out too.
I'll count the other variety of chicks in a bit once they get settled in their new brooder.
My first 3 Bourbons hatched Sunday!!

Came across this article, Avian flu hits an Iowa farm, 5.3 million hens will be destroyed, so sad. http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...nfirmed_at_iowa_farm_with_53_million_chickens
Thanks for sharing! Thats just so sad
sad.png

hey guys we just got some EEs and OEs from jchny2000 and this is their first photo shoot!

meet Emma,Emily and Esther. Emma is the lightest one by the green flower. Emily is above Emma by the blue flower.and Esther is by the white flower.

and meet Olive,Olivia and Evangelina.

they weren't happy about there photo shoot :-( but me and my mom (flyladyrocks) had fun!
Aww, too cute!

I also fell in love with this girl. She was sitting on my DD, chickiefreak's lap on the ride home. A total sweetheart! We named her Princess Belle:

She is an absolute doll, thanks so much for taking her with you!

1f622.png

1f60a.png

Agreed! Clear.

These are the two lil ones I picked up for my single hatched chick. I know ones a silkie but don't know what other is. I got them from RK since they had them in same bin.
I am leaning towards OEGB (Old English Game Bantam) They are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom