INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

morning everyone...wow such a nice day out...almost done building number three hoop coop...cant wait...should be hatching quail, pheasants, and chickens this week....getting eggsited...have a great day and enjoy the nice day out...i sure am

Good morning all here at the farm we have acquired 2 beautiful Roos from tenn chocolate orp and a gold laced roo if anyone knows anyone that has golden laced pulleys or hens give me a shout

My new Roos

I'm pretty sure I got a good score today.
I found a guy who has some old poultry crates and steel nesting boxes.
I'm picking up 4 of the crates for $50 and two steel nesting boxes a 6 hole and 8 hole the pair for $100. They are all used but in great shape.
The crates are really cool and are this design

I have a question, my chickens have not layed a egg in 5 days. Their comb color is bright red, their feet look good and fully feather. their feathers look nice and shiny. I just can't figure out what is going on with them? Are they mad at me because they could not go run around the yard? I have not wormed them yet. They have been eating their oysters shell. I just dont get it. Ive checked for broken egg and i see no signs of any broke eggs. Any one know what it could be?

I have a question, my chickens have not layed a egg in 5 days. Their comb color is bright red, their feet look good and fully feather. their feathers look nice and shiny. I just can't figure out what is going on with them? Are they mad at me because they could not go run around the yard? I have not wormed them yet. They have been eating their oysters shell. I just dont get it. Ive checked for broken egg and i see no signs of any broke eggs. Any one know what it could be?

Possibly just taking a break and enjoying the nice weather?? I know I don't want to work when it's like this outside!!

There is someone on Craigslist trying to sell one of those poultry crates for $75 so I'd say you got good deal! What will you use them for?
We scored our own deal yesterday. Went up to visit @ChickCrazed and on the way decided to see if a craigslist post for free fencing was still there. It had been there for 3 days so I figured it would be gone. Still there! 14 solid wood fence posts and about 80 feet of wire fencing. I am so eggscited! The lady was so happy it is being used for chickens and we will be one step further in getting a chicken yard divided from the garden and driveway.
I'm pretty sure I got a good score today.
I found a guy who has some old poultry crates and steel nesting boxes.
I'm picking up 4 of the crates for $50 and two steel nesting boxes a 6 hole and 8 hole the pair for $100. They are all used but in great shape.
The crates are really cool and are this design

Hello Hoosier BYCers

Anyone out there using " spent grain" from homebrewers??

.I have an opportunity to get with a home brewer and receive his " spent grains " my Q is....assuming it needs to be dried out before offering to chickens, how do you all dry them out? Thanks for your replies.....

Paul

Back
Top Bottom