INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

So one of my hens has gone broody. I have tried everything to break her from the trance but it's not working. So I figure might as well find some eggs for her to hatch. Anyone that can quickly ship some eggs for a decent price? Not looking for anything specific but would love some heritage turkey eggs.

I knew there had to be one out there somewhere:

I can find the post but about three weeks to a month ago someone posted about wanting to find someone who would share their land with them so that they could house chickens there and I mentioned wanting to do something similar well I have finally found land it's near bowling green Indiana or south east of terre haute I'm willing to help anyone who would like to house chickens on it for a small fee to cover feed cost, housing cost and or if shipping is ever needed(seperate cost not upfront) if anyone is interested in sharing in the venture feel free to pm me it's about ten acres so should be able to hold a lot

Hello,
I am looking to purchase between 50-100 white broiler/cornish cross chickens to be about 4-6lbs on Sept. 20. I am located in Cincinnati, OH. Wondering if any of you know a place that will raise them for me and then either I will pick up or we can discuss shipping. Thanks for your help!
Welcome to our thread! Hope you are able to locate someone to help you.

So one of my hens has gone broody. I have tried everything to break her from the trance but it's not working. So I figure might as well find some eggs for her to hatch. Anyone that can quickly ship some eggs for a decent price? Not looking for anything specific but would love some heritage turkey eggs.
Possibly @racinchickins I think he has finished hatching for the year. Not sure if his turkeys are still laying. @SallyinIndiana possibly too.. Anyone else have turkeys still laying?

I think that Ohio has banned Poultry coming in from states where there has been been Avian Influenza, Indiana had it, so did KY- unfortunately the 2 states closest to you. I recommend you do some checking to find out what you legally can do- it would really suck to get yourself in a heap of trouble! Many of the banns states have placed are in effect until 2016. I also think it would be pretty costly to ship 50-100 adult size birds but maybe you've already looked into that. Best of luck in finding what you are looking for!
Hello,
I am looking to purchase between 50-100 white broiler/cornish cross chickens to be about 4-6lbs on Sept. 20. I am located in Cincinnati, OH. Wondering if any of you know a place that will raise them for me and then either I will pick up or we can discuss shipping. Thanks for your help!

Quote: mine are done and have started molting.

Hello,
Honestly unless you can find someone to raise them up in a commercial barn, you are going to end up paying a mini fortune or the person raising them will be losing a mini fortune. Meyer hatchery in OH sells the meat chicks. If you were to get some with their next shipment there is a good chance that they will be 6 pounds after processing on Sept. 20th. But you may want to order more than you want as typically with meat birds there is an expected loss percent. I can't recall what the normal % is that don't make it to processing but the larger the weight the more likely you are to run into leg and heart issues.

Quote: Unfortunately I'm only getting the stray egg here and there, unless someone is building up a big pile in a nest somewhere I haven't found......... All hens are presently accounted for, so nobody has gone off to sit on a nest yet. And all of my chicken eggs would be potluck barnyard mix as I have combined my flock after breeding was completed. That being said, with some of the birds I have, some of the mixes could give very interesting results.....

Back
Top Bottom