INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

@Indyshent : when we had our injured rooster in the house in a 2'x4' brooder box, we used towels on the bottom, but made for messy & frequent laundry. We then upgrade to putting an old blanket on the bottom, then covered with puppy training pads or the bed pads for incontinence . just throw out & replace after they are soiled.

@Indyshent : when we had our injured rooster in the house in a 2'x4' brooder box, we used towels on the bottom, but made for messy & frequent laundry. We then upgrade to putting an old blanket on the bottom, then covered with puppy training pads or the bed pads for incontinence . just throw out & replace after they are soiled.
Don't have any on hand but wanted to get some tonight, provided there's enough money to go around. We are super poor right now and also in the middle of several home repairs and projects (like getting power to the garage which involves a lot of expensive cable and me digging a 2ft or so trench from the house to the garage). Pretty much surviving due to the charity of my parents.

By the way, if anybody really wants to pray for my family, please do it. We are crushed by the weight of a house we no longer live in. It's been on the market since spring of '09 and has had maybe a dozen people look at it. We've cycled through several realtors who refuse to make it a priority because they want to sell more expensive homes. It's a nice house in a nice neighborhood--FAR nicer than where we live in Indy--yet it holds the record for the house longest on the market for that area. It's in Fayetteville, NC, which has a booming housing market, so the only reason it hasn't sold must be that it needs an army of prayer warriors.

Just want to say hi and I'm happy to know there is a thread for Indiana!!!
Welcome to the thread!
frow.gif

Don't have any on hand but wanted to get some tonight, provided there's enough money to go around. We are super poor right now and also in the middle of several home repairs and projects (like getting power to the garage which involves a lot of expensive cable and me digging a 2ft or so trench from the house to the garage). Pretty much surviving due to the charity of my parents. 

By the way, if anybody really wants to pray for my family, please do it. We are crushed by the weight of a house we no longer live in. It's been on the market since spring of '09 and has had maybe a dozen people look at it. We've cycled through several realtors who refuse to make it a priority because they want to sell more expensive homes. It's a nice house in a nice neighborhood--FAR nicer than where we live in Indy--yet it holds the record for the house longest on the market for that area. It's in Fayetteville, NC, which has a booming housing market, so the only reason it hasn't sold must be that it needs an army of prayer warriors. 

That stinks about your house! I'll be praying it gets sold!! Is there any market for renting it out?

For the house, pull it off of the market for 60 days and relist. Then its a new listing. It will pop up more in searches. Many people searching online limit their search to the last 90 days some 6 months. The realtors do the same with their searches. The thought behind that floows the lines of if it hasn't sold something must be wrong with it, either price, structure, or location. It might not be right but when I was house hunting I only looked at houses in our price range in our desired location (tiny 5 mile radius with some excluded properties in that small area) and listed in the last year. I was looking in winter so I went back a full year as winter listings are not as common. But if I was looking now I would limit the listings to the past 6 months.

Speaking from experience as I had 2 homes for the better part of 2007. The cost adds up fast all that interest in those extra mortgage payments. Lowering the price could save you money in the long run as most times once the interest is paid the home sale price does not recoup it.

I'm so sorry, that is terrible! Have you considered renting it? At least it would provide some relief from two house payments!

Just if anyone was interested I have about 40 eggs about to hatch all rir pure.. Rir mix with buff orps not sure yet which are which should be hatching this week

We have rented the house out before, and that did help. Problem being that we were being charged for repairs that never actually were made, and the renters had the legal right to not let us show the house... and they used it all the time. We never got to show the house while we had renters.

Going to talk to hubby about that relisting issue because that may very well be a part of why it hasn't sold. Thanks for that suggestion @SallyinIndiana !

And thanks for all the prayers!

I have a 2 day old buff orphington that has a little piece of shell still stuck on her little belly button. I just noticed it when I was checking for pasty butt. Do I soak her for a couple of minutes or should I put Neosporin or something on her to moisten her skin so it detaches on its own.

Back
Top Bottom