INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

anyone still active on here? trying t find an active indiana thread
welcome-byc.gif

Yes, this is a pretty active thread.

A big Thanks to Janet and her family as they came and helped me out quite a bit yesterday.
Aldo Thank you @racinchickins and @ellymayRans For your help over the past week. Every one here had been extremely supportive.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked at the forecast?!?!?!? The big chill is going to hit us between the eyes this week! They are predicting highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's around Indy this weekend! Eek! I still have chores on my list!! I've gotten 500 feet of fencing up, 2 gates in, 2 trees taken down, 40 tons of aglime delivered and spread, tarps up on the runs and 2 pastured sprayed for weeds. I still need to move 200 bales of hay in for the horses, get heaters in the waterers, burn some stumps, prune my fruit trees, lime the pastures and clear one more garden bed. Having animals is exhausting! Luckily I am working from home today so I am hoping to take advantage of some extra daylight hours today!

After processing I am down to 19 birds, which is a number I am VERY happy with going into winter! My birds have been protesting the tarps on the runs. They hate change! Hope all is well with everyone else!

Has anyone looked at the forecast?!?!?!? The big chill is going to hit us between the eyes this week! They are predicting highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's around Indy this weekend! Eek! I still have chores on my list!! I've gotten 500 feet of fencing up, 2 gates in, 2 trees taken down, 40 tons of aglime delivered and spread, tarps up on the runs and 2 pastured sprayed for weeds. I still need to move 200 bales of hay in for the horses, get heaters in the waterers, burn some stumps, prune my fruit trees, lime the pastures and clear one more garden bed. Having animals is exhausting! Luckily I am working from home today so I am hoping to take advantage of some extra daylight hours today!

After processing I am down to 19 birds, which is a number I am VERY happy with going into winter! My birds have been protesting the tarps on the runs. They hate change! Hope all is well with everyone else!

A couple shots of snow for us in the NE corner of the state the next few weeks. It's coming.

Tarp going on the run this week before the rain, and storms. I managed to get my burning bushes trimmed back to just stumps last evening. Plan tonight is to get them piled up in the garden and have a nice big fire. I was hoping to get the garden turned over with the FIL's tiller yet this fall, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. My own fault, I procrastinated.

Checking the garden tonight in a last ditch hope that some of the garlic ended up being usable, but as wet as it was, I just don't think it's going to fly.

The spring chick order that I'm splitting with my neighbor was placed last Friday,

12 cuckoo marans
6 australorps
6 speckled sussex
6 new hampshires
6 delaware

Two or three of each for me, he will be keeping the balance.

Just need to finish my thoughts on the new coop.

Ready to expand the flock...

Has anyone looked at the forecast?!?!?!? The big chill is going to hit us between the eyes this week!  They are predicting highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's around Indy this weekend!  Eek!  I still have chores on my list!!  I've gotten 500 feet of fencing up, 2 gates in, 2 trees taken down, 40 tons of aglime delivered and spread, tarps up on the runs and 2 pastured sprayed for weeds.  I still need to move 200 bales of hay in for the horses, get heaters in the waterers, burn some stumps, prune my fruit trees, lime the pastures and clear one more garden bed.  Having animals is exhausting!  Luckily I am working from home today so I am hoping to take advantage of some extra daylight hours today! 

After processing I am down to 19 birds, which is a number I am VERY happy with going into winter! My birds have been protesting the tarps on the runs.  They hate change!  Hope all is well with everyone else! 

It sounds like you have a good size farm going I would love to learn from you some day so maybe at some point I could come help you out if you don't mind

Back
Top Bottom