INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Got some pic's last night. After sealing the roof ( I hope ) I made some temporary perches and moved the kids in. I added to the EE/AM flock. I put the BCM, FBM and the splash Maren will go in when she gets bigger, Trying to get some OE's next year. I put ( not so sweet ) Sweet Pea in with them cause she really aint accepted in the layer flock. and who knows maybe I can get some really big EE out of that pairing?? With feathered legs??? I put Harriet and Shania ( my 2 loners ) in there, and of course Harriet's sister. Hoping to get feather legged EE out of those 2 also.

While I don't have Cochin, I do have two Dark Brahma roos who gave me a feather-legged EE. All three of the chicks have feathered legs
love.gif

I'm not sure when we'll be able to get Wun Wun, Little Wellie and Priscilla to you. I'm going to see about organizing a chicken train with my brother (he lives in Terre Haute and commutes to Indy). You're going to love these three! They're such dolls (esp Wun Wun). The feathered legs must be dominant by this showing, and muffs are dominant too, so you may wind up with Faverolle impersonators yet!
wink.png

Hi everyone! I havent been on this board forever, life got incredibly busy here.

Ive built myself two incubators and have been hatching chicks like crazy. It started out as an experiment just to see if I could do it and I kept going because it was so fun and who can resist chicks lol. BUT I have more than I need now and hubby is about to have a conniption so if anyone would like some chicks pm me. Nothing fancy, just some buff orps and then some mixes. Some hatched this week, some are older. I also have a buff orpington roo just starting to crow that will be going to freezer camp this weekend unless someone wants him. All the eggs I hatched came from my own birds, so the parents can be seen. Remember though, I am down south of Bedford. Its quite a drive for some of you. I'll probably end up having to take some of them to the auction just to stay out of divorce court
smile.png
. I have one more set due to hatch on Thanksgiving and thats it for the year.

In other news, hubby finally let me get pigs! I have a breeding pair, and they are still babies. Im hoping to find one more, a couple dairy goats, and some turkey babies by spring.

I hope you all have a great day and stay warm!

Hi funnyfarm - I have turkeys available if you really want to give your husband a fit!!

So woke up today to finish my new coop and guess what it was sleeting now snowing... I should of started earlier... Now I have some pretty big pullets and cockerels hanging out in my hatchery not caring about nets..

Hi all, I'm visiting my family in Noblesville Indiana from upstate New York, leaving Monday morning. Does anyone in the area have hatching eggs? Looking for green, blue and dark brown egg layers. Feel free to PM me.

It's a winter wonderland around here! Didn't actually measure but guessing we have around 4 inches. A TV station in South Bend measured 5.3" around 3:00 pm and it's still falling. Luckily, it's supposed to warm up again in a few days so it won't last. Until then, supposed to get down to 20 tonight, high of 28 tomorrow and low of 17 tomorrow night. Brrrrrr!!!!!

I've been keeping up reading posts but haven't posted much in a long time. Chloe & I have been super busy with holiday bazaars. Our biggest selling item is fleece lined sweater mittens. We have sold oodles of these since October and all our free time goes into making more to keep restocked. These are a few of those we have right now....

Our second batch of meat birds were processed 2 weeks ago so our freezer is full of chicken. The ducks stopped laying over a month ago which my duck egg customers aren't happy about. Chickens are still laying, but numbers have dropped a bit.

Hi funnyfarm - I have turkeys available if you really want to give your husband a fit!!

I would love to have turkeys! Hubby agreed to it, even took me to Rural King once to get a few. But they were sold out. Unfortunately I cant afford to buy any right at the moment- gotta buy Christmas for 8 kids lol. But after that I will be looking for 4-6 poults. :)

It's a winter wonderland around here! Didn't actually measure but guessing we have around 4 inches. A TV station in South Bend measured 5.3" around 3:00 pm and it's still falling. Luckily, it's supposed to warm up again in a few days so it won't last. Until then, supposed to get down to 20 tonight, high of 28 tomorrow and low of 17 tomorrow night. Brrrrrr!!!!! I've been keeping up reading posts but haven't posted much in a long time. Chloe & I have been super busy with holiday bazaars. Our biggest selling item is fleece lined sweater mittens. We have sold oodles of these since October and all our free time goes into making more to keep restocked. These are a few of those we have right now.... Our second batch of meat birds were processed 2 weeks ago so our freezer is full of chicken. The ducks stopped laying over a month ago which my duck egg customers aren't happy about. Chickens are still laying, but numbers have dropped a bit.
I want your snow!!! We are too far south, didnt see anything but rain today :(.

Ok don't shun me for this but I was wondering if there was another or more, chicken related forums? Does anyone have any recommendation I looked sorta and couldn't come up with any that have been used in the last three months I just like to see all the pretty chickens and maybe see if another forum has more people close by can't hurt to network

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom