INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

As requested by a few folks, here are some current photos of some of my birds.

Cogburn with a hen.
Still love that Cogburn.
love.gif

Man I wish I was taking chicks right now!!! You are making it real hard on me NOT to!!! They are so darn cute!!!  :love

They didn't get anything worth anything out of the truck, we don't leave anything of value in them. 
 I didn't know that about the Navy, and my sister was a Navy woman. We will never be without our guns, hope I never have to use them but if I have to I will!!

Sorry about your hen. It's always better when they go sleeping.  I have lost plenty to stray dogs!! It really is a very bad way to go. 

I seen this was already answered so I will skip it... sorry. And no your not weird... lol 

You really have some beautiful birds, I love love love the Blue Eng. Orp.  Awesome.

BTW ... Oliver is : " Paranoid" lol  he gives his warning call for anything in the sky... Geese can land in the pasture and h will send his ladies packing. ... lol  and he kills any and every little wild bird that even THINKS about stealing their food!!  Which is fine with me. 
 I had to put him in time out yesterday, he picked a fight with Waddles!! lol Bob was watching it all as if he was thinking " boy your gonna get in trouble.... " and when he did Bob started singing like a hen laid an egg... It was like I could read his mind and I found it funny, just thought maybe you would too.

That is funny! I sure hope Oliver learns to leave Waddle alone. Chooks are supposed to be able to distinguish hawks from geese overhead. None of mine alert for geese. I think it's good thing that he kills wild birds in the chicken space. It may subject him to more possible disease, but spare the rest of your flock. I suspect his hypervigilance is due to his Ameracauna mom. She is very, very smart but probably probably a bit paranoid herself.

Oliver always patrolled even as a young cockerel, like he had a cob up his rear! I'm not surprised that he's very protective.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
@Rebelshade ~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread! Thank you for the Seymour link—we are working on updating info, and ordinances are very helpful because some city/county ordinances are difficult to track down. Are you moving to Seymour and/or are you getting chickens?
Please check out links about our Indiana Thread at the bottom of this post.

@Greenthumb83 ~ Hope all goes well with your son's eye surgery at Riley.

Hi @Mother2Hens.
You're welcome. I was glad to find it. I had looked on here before, but couldn't find it. I've actually always lived in Seymour, and yes we are hoping to get some. We've just had other things come up that have pushed the process back. And I'll be sure to do that.

Mark eggs with marker or pencil ?
Just wondering what to use to mark the dates.

Thanks
I usually use a pencil.
The only time I needed a marker was to mark a broody hen's eggs. She tends to wear off the pencil during incubation & I wanted to make sure she didn't get any new additions while setting.

Back
Top Bottom