INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Had family in yesterday and made chicken and noodles with my own chickens and homemade noodles with my eggs. Fresh potatoes from the garden, corn and oh my it was so good. Definitely worth the aggravations lol. It's such a good feeling !
1f600.png
And I am soooo greatful !

Sounds wonderful! Wish I could have tasted it!

Had family in yesterday and made chicken and noodles with my own chickens and homemade noodles with my eggs. Fresh potatoes from the garden, corn and oh my it was so good. Definitely worth the aggravations lol. It's such a good feeling !
1f600.png
And I am soooo greatful !

So when are you going to start milling your own flour to finish out those noodles?
lol.png

lets just say I have alot of catching up to do its been since march or longer since I have been on! I kinda for get I have a account! we hatched eggs 4 to 6 weeks ago. we have 5 chicks I'll get pictures as soon as possible.
I may or may not of forgotten to collect eggs for a couple weeks so all of our bantams were broody!

Hi,

Does anyone happen to live near Marion and have a baby chick that needs a new home? My daughter brought a chick home from school and it seems very lonely. We have older hens that just started to lay. But just need 1 or 2 to keep it company in our brooder. It doesn't matter what breed. Thank you.

May have some soon from a broody turkey (most of the eggs are chicken because she's a thief)

Last edited:
lets just say I have alot of catching up to do its been since march or longer since I have been on! I kinda for get I have a account! we hatched eggs 4 to 6 weeks ago. we have 5 chicks I'll get pictures as soon as possible.
I may or may not of forgotten to collect eggs for a couple weeks so all of our bantams were broody!

Great to see you post!

Had a couple free minutes before bed. No much happening here, aside from winterizing. Ag lime is amazing stuff, am learning! All the hog pens are empty right now. Working over one pen at a time tearing down, scraping out, liming and then adding fresh soil back. I still have Willow my sow and 9 of her 10 piglets available if anyone is looking for feeder hogs. She is housed with them in my farrowing trailer until they are sold.
We still have a small chicken flock left..Some free range roosters meant for the table. DD will be taking more home for layers also. Guinea, ducks and geese are all I plan to keep for a while. Oh and my gorgeous Peacock who is still looking plucked after the molt started!

Back
Top Bottom