INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I don't know any breeders in Southern Indiana. I believe @kittydoc is around Indianapolis? But she was working with Silver Grays last I heard; haven't seen her around for a while, so it's hard to say if she's still breeding them. I've gotten my Dorkings from Meyer Hatchery and from Sand Hill Preservation Center. I LOVE my Silver Grays from Meyers, sweetest birds ever! They probably would make a good start for a flock, although I wouldn't expect them to be breeder quality if that's what you're looking for. And my Red Dorkings from Sand Hill are nice, too; gorgeous, calm, and sweet, just what you'd expect from a Dorking. However, the so-called "Dark Gray" Dorkings from Sand Hill aren't so great. Smaller, flightier birds with a lot of issues with 'duck foot' (their hind toes point forward instead of back). Sand Hill's waiting list is usually pretty long, but you can usually find some day-old Silver Gray Dorkings available from Meyers week to week. Hope that helps! :)

Wanting them just to have and maybe breed, that's why I'd like good ones and not just from the commercial hatchery. Also for 4h for my daughter I'd like reds and silver Grey, whatever I can find too.
Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eyes open.

Happy little foragers :love
20180720_152732.jpg

Back
Top Bottom