Injured 2 week old chick

vortle

Hatching
Mar 10, 2023
Almost 2 week old chick woke up yesterday morning non-weight bearing on left leg. She is bright, alert, responsive and seems to be eating, drinking, and pooping appropriately, and can move herself around if necessary but obviously is reluctant to move when not necessary. I don't see any swelling, wounds, or other signs of infection. I don't think it's splay leg as she was walking normally until today.

We have her separated with good footing, very shallow water dish with electrolyte/probiotic supplement, and medicated chick starter crumbles. Tried to hobble her briefly but it seemed to really worsen her mobility (she was falling down and unable to right herself.)

Thoughts on possible causes and/or treatments?

Can you get a picture?
PXL_20230310_174011714.jpg
PXL_20230310_173936532.jpg
PXL_20230310_173831027.jpg

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dXItU0QyRVhMQzVQMFJ4MUl4Z3RhX1F6NmljTkdR

(she was only on the tile briefly to take the video and has not been on it since)

Almost 2 week old chick woke up yesterday morning non-weight bearing on left leg. She is bright, alert, responsive and seems to be eating, drinking, and pooping appropriately, and can move herself around if necessary but obviously is reluctant to move when not necessary. I don't see any swelling, wounds, or other signs of infection. I don't think it's splay leg as she was walking normally until today.

We have her separated with good footing, very shallow water dish with electrolyte/probiotic supplement, and medicated chick starter crumbles. Tried to hobble her briefly but it seemed to really worsen her mobility (she was falling down and unable to right herself.)

Thoughts on possible causes and/or treatments?
did you ever figure out what happened ? how to fix it ?? i’m having the same issue with my choc orp chick 😭

Back
Top Bottom