injured bantam

stokes

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 8, 2014
Waterford Ireland
Hi was asking for advice toadd a new bantam as company for the one i had. Well i have a chick thats 12 wks old i have her 4 wks now she was in the same run as the others but a screen dividing them. Every now and then i,d put the other bantam in with her for company all was grand. To day i decide to mix them all together stayed watching everthing seem fine 40 minutes later i heard this niose the big dominant girl was pecking her so hard i ran out she stuck in corner no where to run i thought she was dead. All her feathers are gone for her head and she was bleeding bad cleaned it up she was shaken i have her in a box all nice and cosy she,s walking around so i,ll see how the night goes but i know i can,t keep her . she is going to be attacked every time. If i do want to get new hens i,ll have to get rid of the big hen i feel terrible don,t know what to do?

I would keep them separated. If you want to keep all the chickens together I would say u would have to choose between the mean one or the bantam. Sorry :( I feel so bad for the bantam

All is looking good she came out of the box this morning and started to scratch and eat gave her a treat. Cleaned her head a bit more and put some antibacterial powder on it she's going to be fine. She's a fighter

Back
Top Bottom