Kelsielouise

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2018
can some one help me we have a poorly chick I have just checked on her and she has a lump on her neck and her eyes was cover in mud ? I have tried to clean her up took her away from the hen and in a box, with water food and bedding along with a teddy. she is all snuggled up im just trying to help her can some one please tell me if she is going to live or what u think may of happened , I found her fur on the floor next to her! she is churping and moving well jsut horrible to see her like this i am all for if i can help i will.
sorry for the photo its not nice but i just need advice.

Attachments

• dfd.jpeg
    dfd.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 5
  • file1-6.jpeg
    file1-6.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 5
  • file2-5.jpeg
    file2-5.jpeg
    783.8 KB · Views: 5
  • file-6 (1).jpeg
    file-6 (1).jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 5
She has been scalped, it could have been by the hen, a predator or possibly since you found the downy she may have gotten her head hung in chicken wire and injured it herself.

Do you have a way of keeping her warm? A heating pad cave works well - look at the MHP Thread
You can also use a heat lamp to keep her warm, she only needs one spot of warmth, let the rest go cool.

For her wounds flush with saline since the eyes are involved. Apply a triple antibiotic ointment or Vetericyn to the wound to the back of the head.

Back
Top Bottom