Injured feet, black scabs, but no swelling or heat

Fowl_Images

In the Brooder
May 5, 2020
I have a chicken who I noticed a few weeks ago favoring one foot very slightly. I knew about bumblefoot and flipped him over and looked at this feet. He had and still has no swelling, no abnormal bumps, no excessive heat.. He did have a black line (looked like the skin maybe had cracked and was just healing).
I was spraying Vetericyn on his feet at night and on his roosting bar.
I noticed he a week ago he was switching from foot to foot. I got my boyfriend to hold him and we both took turns looking at his feet.
The black line turned into a black scab (nothing protruding like bumble foot, his foot isnt swollen, or hot to touch), then since I got a close look I noticed on his toes he had a small black mark on the tip of his back toe, and a small black line on another toe.
His other foot upon inspection has a small black crack too (looked like a crack from dry skin at one point?)

My question is, could this be a weird looking bumblefoot? What else could it be? What are your recommendations?

My process with him for the last week and a half is to soak him in an Epsom salt bath, clean his feet and spray Vetericyn hot spot gel and wrap in gauze and prewrap.
Since then my boyfriend tried a Bumblefoot surgery, since he had a black scab, we were able to take some of it out, clean the wound...but it still looked nothing like the textbook bumblefoot pictures you see online.

Since that surgery I've been alternating a full day in colloidal waterproof bandage (help healing process, but I'm worried just in case there may be infection still in there), and the next day just Vetericyn and Guaze/PreWrap.
Ive been adding Vitamins and Electrolytes (rooster booster) to his water.

His feet don't look worse, but they don't look better

Help!

Signed- Non Happy Feet

I did take some photos on my boyfriend phone, so when I get those I'll add them to the post...any help would be appreciated...he's my favorite

Back
Top Bottom