Injured rooster

Hi all
Thought I’d post an update on the rooster :)
He’s doing well and has made a huge improvement :celebrate
He is eating again! Yay! He is also now able to jump onto the roost in his coop :)
I have been feeding him pellets and he gets an egg every day for protein to help with healing
I just put betadine on his wounds which are healing nicely! Once I caught him and put the first lot on one wound he lay down and let me put it on all his wounds no resistance what so ever and he closed his eyes and rested his head on my lap ...what a lovely boy he is :love
The skin is a little green around one wound area but I have had chooks with greenish skin before so I think its ok? He’s well in himself and is improving so should be ok :)

Once wounds are healed enough I will treat for lice so the powder doesn’t make his wounds sting

Also I will put a pic of him up soon :)
Thank you for the update!

Poor fella, he was beaten up wasn't he!
I'm glad to hear he is eating and making progress:)
Greenish skin is usually bruising, so that should start to get better soon too.

Thank you for the update!

Poor fella, he was beaten up wasn't he!
I'm glad to hear he is eating and making progress:)
Greenish skin is usually bruising, so that should start to get better soon too.
Yes he sure was :( his comb looks a bit sore
He is a very lucky rooster....I don’t know how he survived!
He actually enjoyed having the antiseptic put on him which surprised me :)
He has a heavy louse infestation which I will treat tomorrow (there are hundreds of lice and clumps of eggs all over his feather shafts )
I assume if he’s been near my chooks/ in areas they have been in my chooks will all have them so I will treat them too

Yes he sure was :( his comb looks a bit sore
He is a very lucky rooster....I don’t know how he survived!
He actually enjoyed having the antiseptic put on him which surprised me :)
He has a heavy louse infestation which I will treat tomorrow (there are hundreds of lice and clumps of eggs all over his feather shafts )
I assume if he’s been near my chooks/ in areas they have been in my chooks will all have them so I will treat them too
Poor guy, I'm sure he is uncomfortable with the lice, so the sooner you can get rid of them the better. You may want to go ahead and dust him now, just keep it out of the wounds the best you can.
For lice you will need to repeat the dusting about every 7-10 days a few times to kill what hatches from those egg clumps.

Back
Top Bottom