Interested in determining breeds of the chickens I was given...

CoopersCoopNC

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 17, 2013
Hey all,

I'm new to keeping chickens and was given a coop with 15 (I only wanted 3 or 4 -- LOL). Anyhow, I've been researching for the last 6 months or so and think that I can identify a few, but was wondering if I could get some help.

I'm fairly confident that this girl is a Leghorn.

In this grouping, I know that the far right is a Barred Rock, and think that the white one is a Plymouth rock (she has a small comb and is bigger/fatter than the leghorn pictured above). I have a guess about 1 of the other 3 on the left, but I'm not positive. I want to say the one closest to the camera is a Rhode Island Red, but I have no idea about the other two.

Another "group" shot, with a better picture of one of the white chickens.

A better picture of the one at the bottom of the picture above:

I think this one is an Easter Egger

Thank you in advance.

Cathy

Hey all,

I'm new to keeping chickens and was given a coop with 15 (I only wanted 3 or 4 -- LOL). Anyhow, I've been researching for the last 6 months or so and think that I can identify a few, but was wondering if I could get some help.

White Leghorn

In this grouping, I know that the far right is a Barred Rock, and think that the white one is a Plymouth rock (she has a small comb and is bigger/fatter than the leghorn pictured above). I have a guess about 1 of the other 3 on the left, but I'm not positive. I want to say the one closest to the camera is a Rhode Island Red, but I have no idea about the other two.
Does the white bird have red earlobes? If so, she is a White Rock; otherwise, she's probably just a chunky White Leghorn. The barred bird is a Barred Plymouth Rock. On the left, I see a Rhode Island Red (on the bottom of the photo), an Easter Egger, and possibly a Production Red.

Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red or Production Red, Barred Plymouth Rock, White Leghorn.

Easter Egger,

Easter Egger

Thank you in advance.

Cathy

Hey all,

White Leghorn hen.

Dark red bird in lower left: Rhode Island Red.
Golden/Black bird peaking out from beneath building: Probably an Easter Egger.
Brown/red bird with head beneath building: Not sure with this photo, but could be a production Red or New Hamshire.
White bird: Can't tell, a head photo would help.
Barred bird: Barred Plymouth Rock

Easter Egger.

Easter Egger.

Thank you in advance.

Cathy

Back
Top Bottom