Interior Coop Pics

Pics
Here is our humble little hen house. We live in Chandler Az, a suburb of Phoenix and it gets hot here! We had more days over 110 this summer than ever before. I worry about the heat so that's why we put in a mesh floor and vents on top. I made boards that can cover the mesh in colder weather. Right now the nesting boxes are inside but I may move them so they hang off the side. But it is easy to reach the boxes. The girls free range in the backyard and come and go as they like to the house. Since we live in the city I don't worry about predators, so no closing door. But last Saturday, at 6:30 am I woke up to what sounded like maybe my chickens were being eaten. I had never heard such a racket in my life. I flew out of bed, ran to the backyard expecting to see some kind of blood bath, instead was just in time to see "my chicken hit squad" chasing the most frightened cat out of my yard. So for now I think the setup is fine.
smile.png

IMG_7331.jpg
IMG_7335.jpg
IMG_7332.jpg
IMG_7334.JPG

All these coops are making me so jealous!! Our's is old and rotting, along with our barn. Wish we could tare the whole thing down and redo it!
roll.png

My house is 5' x 5'. I have 4, 12" wide nest boxes and an 'L' shaped roost, all with a window seat. The water fountain has been upgraded to a gallon from the quart shown. All food is provided outside. Pictures were taken in March before the hens moved in. The interior will never be as clean.
lol.png

DSCN3028-2.jpg

DSCN3029-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom