Interior Coop Pics

Pics
I'm in the process of covering the wall behind the roost with feed bags...kinda a mosaic but not done yet.
^^^^^^^^^^.......LOVE this idea!

Ok, I have a question about the interior. My coop is made out of 2x4 and beadboard. On the inside, the walls are bare. Can I paint onto the back of the beadboard? I know it's just wood shavings that it's made of, but it's seems different than painting onto plywood. Thanks for any answers!

I know this is an old thread but...I need a little insight...here is our tractor coop
I need ideas on the floor...bedding? No bedding? Any product better than another?
outside pic of whole coop for size...we've got 6...I welcome any and all input...thanks!

I guess I found the right thread.....
This is my Chicken Hilton. Big enough to be a guest cottage, if I ever get tired of raising birds.

The exterior, and yard with a "loafing shed" to provide shade, shelter, or hiding from the occasional eagle.

Nesting boxes, and roost. The roost is hinged at the wall so I can raise it up for cleaning the floor. A hook in the ceiling anchors it in the up position.

This is the "nursery" where the chicks are raised until old enough to join the flock. Living in close proximity to the adults, without having contact, seems to make for better integration when the time comes.

I included an exterior access to the nesting boxes so I could gather eggs without having to enter the coop.

This coop was a conversion project. The birds spent 5 years in an old potting shed. When it came time to expand, I think I got carried away. The building is double walled and insulated with R-15 batting. I have construction pictures, if anyone would like to see that aspect.

Back
Top Bottom