Interior Coop Pics

Pics
Im enjoying seeing everyones coops from the inside!!! This is the inside of my coop.
The silkies have a "community " nest box. Portable roosts that are 4" high. i only have 2 that roost, the others sleep on the floor.

Here is a view of our coop that is almost finished. Still trying to puzzle out where to put the roosting bar, nesting boxes, and ventilation.

The hen house itself is 3 feet high on the inside, and 4 feet wide by 8 feet long. I am thinking of doing the roosting bar the full length, 8 feet, above the height of the nesting boxes. The nesting boxes will be accessible from the end closest the camera.

here is the inside of mine. Roosts start at 30 inches, I do not use a ramp.
I know the nest boxes should be lower but the height is for me so I don't have to bend to low. I really don't have an issue with hens roosting in it. If I find one in it at lock up time I move her to the roost. A couple times of doing that usually stops them.

Here is the current situation inside my coop. I am still working on it. It is divided into 2 sections because i plan to house 2 types of chickens in it. 20170825_162736.jpg 20170827_173250.jpg I made the black feeder patterned after rabbit feeders. I still have to add perches and nest boxes. This coop features a skylight made from two shower doors end to end . Just love the light it lets in.

I saw a picture on (vomit) Pintrest...UGH and it was from somewhere in the 36 pages here. It was a white roosting ladder that held many birds. I am hoping whoever made this would be willing to share the dimensions. I have looked thru several pages here and many of the pictures are unavailable to see.

Back
Top Bottom