Interior Coop Pics

Pics
I saw a picture on (vomit) Pintrest...UGH and it was from somewhere in the 36 pages here. It was a white roosting ladder that held many birds. I am hoping whoever made this would be willing to share the dimensions. I have looked thru several pages here and many of the pictures are unavailable to see.
You'll just have to start paging thru from the end and hope it's there. Many pics posted here but hosted on other sites got lost over the years as formats and platforms changed.
Or you could find the pinterest pic and screen shot it to save on your computer.

IMG_4196.jpg

Just built our new coop. It has four sections. The two sections on the sides have sand floors. The chickens are on one side and the ducks are on the other. The two inside sections have wood floors with laminate coverings. The inside sections are for the chickens. There is also a juvenile pen inside with it's own door out the back with their own run. The run is were the older birds can see them everyday and makes transitions to the adult run/coop easy! All the nest boxes are accessible from the porch outside the coop.

photo 1 (89).JPG

This is inside the two middle sections. This is while we were building it. We add wood chips to the floor and the juvenile pen hasn't been added yet. We also have added 4 'penthouse' roosts way up at the top that they love!
photo 3 (50).JPG

This is actually the duck side, but added nests because we always have some chickens who escape the run everyday and hang out with the ducks. The duck door stays open during the day so the ducks can go to the lake.
Everyone gets locked inside at night and are safe from preditors!

I didn't have time to go though all pages, and I don't have pictures of the coop on my computer, sorry. But I had to post about our recent addition... a sand "litter box"! It's a shallow poop board filled with sand under the perches. Clean out with a kitty litter scooper every morning and won't have to clean the entire coop for several months as that's where they poop most! I also have the coop under our back deck, so they have a lot of rain and wind protection. Slowly figuring out what works best.

Back
Top Bottom