Interior Coop Pics

Pics
I love, love, love the poop boards with the cafeteria trays! What a brilliant idea! And.... dare I say.... a protest of a childhood being forced to eat cafeteria food?
sickbyc.gif

Kuntrygirl, Ditto on the cafateria food when I was growing up in New Orleans in the public school system.....great lunch back then(won't say how far back) As far as this thread....some really cool ideas out there folks. That's why I'm not just addicted to Chickens, but to BYC as well. Thanks everyone.
Erik

Quote:
Hey! Hey! I finally did it! I spent my day off sawing and picking out old staples and arguing with DH about the cordless drill "WHICH setting is drill, WHICH is screw" and finally our girls have fireguy's hen haven, their nestboxes under the poopshelf and more roost space above, a nice edge to cling to and fly upon to get into the nest boxes:
25976_coop_improvements_sept_2011.jpg

I almost made classic nestboxes by sliding wooden "walls" sides onto their new nest shelf, but our hens love their red tupperwares. So we kept their beloved red tupperwares.

Love all the pics...great ideas too. Need to build a permanent coop and run (using a Chicekn tractor right now and it's not working!). Plan on building a coop this winter and have no carpentry skills. Hubby isn't too keen on building a coop but a pre-made one cost too much. Having trouble with trying to decide what to do under the roosting pole. Love the idea of trays or bath mats!! Easy to clean.

6chickens in St. Charles :

Quote:
Hey! Hey! I finally did it! I spent my day off sawing and picking out old staples and arguing with DH about the cordless drill "WHICH setting is drill, WHICH is screw" and finally our girls have fireguy's hen haven, their nestboxes under the poopshelf and more roost space above, a nice edge to cling to and fly upon to get into the nest boxes:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25976_coop_improvements_sept_2011.jpg

I almost made classic nestboxes by sliding wooden "walls" sides onto their new nest shelf, but our hens love their red tupperwares. So we kept their beloved red tupperwares.

Oh, look what the girls did today. I imagine the rooster dug out the perfect spot for them in the corner here:
25976_eggs_corner_of_newly_remodeled_coop.jpg

There were 3 eggs in a perfect little nest back there! I had to use a reacher/grabby tool to get them
gig.gif

Great coops and ideas guys, im going to start building mine in a couple weeks, I have an old 3 stall horse paddock i'm going to convert, 1 stall for the chickens, 1 stall for the pygmy goats and 1 stall for the pigeons(wifes). i'll keep track of the progress and update with pics.

Back
Top Bottom