intestinal shed or cocci?

eclectic-em

Songster
Jan 26, 2021
Idaho
hi all! i have some 3.5 week old chicks and tuesday i found this
B7593C26-DCB4-456A-9381-79310A94CFB9.jpeg

i only saw this one abnormal dropping so i just kept an eye out but everyone was active and eating/drinking well. 1 of the 5 is a bit smaller than the rest and hasn’t featured out as much but since they’re EEs i wasn’t sure if it’s from the mixed breed or what. last night the tiny one was drinking a lot of water for a few minutes and didn’t have diarrhea but watery poop, rather. it was in the 80s. everything else seemed fine besides that though.
just went out there this morning and found this dropping.
AEBDF569-D70E-4257-BEA9-6F5329E47F55.jpeg

i’m not sure who it came from and i’m not sure what age they can even have intentional intestinal shed from so i’m not sure if it’s just that or someone has coccidiosis. they’re on medicated feed and in the big kids coop with wire separating them. i have corid on hand but am not sure if this is cause for treating them or just a normal thing.

05CA462C-FC77-4A95-B242-F4D7C47ACB50.jpeg

the grey one is the tiny one i’ve got my eye on.

still new to it all so i’m having a hard time judging what the baseline is!! thank you for any input or advice you may have!!

hi all! i have some 3.5 week old chicks and tuesday i found this
View attachment 2642571
i only saw this one abnormal dropping so i just kept an eye out but everyone was active and eating/drinking well. 1 of the 5 is a bit smaller than the rest and hasn’t featured out as much but since they’re EEs i wasn’t sure if it’s from the mixed breed or what. last night the tiny one was drinking a lot of water for a few minutes and didn’t have diarrhea but watery poop, rather. it was in the 80s. everything else seemed fine besides that though.
just went out there this morning and found this dropping.
View attachment 2642576
i’m not sure who it came from and i’m not sure what age they can even have intentional intestinal shed from so i’m not sure if it’s just that or someone has coccidiosis. they’re on medicated feed and in the big kids coop with wire separating them. i have corid on hand but am not sure if this is cause for treating them or just a normal thing.

View attachment 2642583
the grey one is the tiny one i’ve got my eye on.

still new to it all so i’m having a hard time judging what the baseline is!! thank you for any input or advice you may have!!
I'd treat them for Coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom