Introducing myself and Chandler

princess fish

Hatching
May 2, 2017
Iowa
Hi all! I am Sarah, my sweet Chandler is my profile pic :) Oddly, I do not know how old he is, I do know he is in the process of getting his white feathers....he is an only duck, but so far does not mind as I am home all the time, as are my 5 and 7 year old sons (they are home schooled)...Chandler gets outdoor time, snuggles, and daily baths in my huge claw foot bathtub :) He seems content enough during the day; when he is not playing with us, he chatters with our 5 budgie parakeets....he gets run around time in the house, he doesn't pooh tons on the floor, usually wanders to his big towel (where his food and water sit) and does his business, which is nice lol obviously still poohs on the floor occasionally but we have hardwood so easy to clean up...I use a baby wipe then spray the spot with Odo-ban (disinfects and smells good)....I know having a single duck is not typically ideal, and we did not plan this (a friend gave him to us for an early Easter gift...how lovely :-/ ), however, it seems to be working well for now...I am glad to be here and have read through a lot of helpful advice :)

Welcome to the flock . i have had ducks that have stayed on their own just give him lots of :)attention and you will be fine :)

welcome-byc.gif

Nice to meet you Sarah. The perfect place for you to post at is "Show us your house ducks." There is also the corresponding "people with house chickens." Some folks also have house pet geese.

My friend has had house pet chickens over the past nearly 30 years - various breeds etc. Currently she has 3 bantam chicken hens.

It sounds like Chandler has an active life and companions to play with him(your kids) and birds to talk/listen to your budgies.. He also has his daily swim. He sounds happy, who could ask for anything more?

G’Day from down under Sarah
frow.gif
Welcome!

Aaaw, Chandler is a cutie! It sure does sound like he is one happy, pampered little man.

This is a link to the House Duck thread Diva mentioned: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/632070/show-off-your-house-ducks/6020 and this one to house chickens: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/299187/people-with-house-chickens/4070

BYC has a Duck Forum which you can post duck specific questions on if you have any: ://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of Chandler, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom