Does everyone stress ordering chicks the first time šŸ˜±

Well. It seems per Mt. Healthy I will likely receive his order. Unfortunately they donā€™t have any red orps to send so I chose a black australorp instead. Tbh I would have expected them to offer a discount of some sort given the inconvenience this is on me. I am sure the birds are great but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll purchase from them again. I totally get that mistakes can happenā€¦ maybe Iā€™m being too sensitive šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø just seems like ā€œso sorry for all the trouble, letā€™s knock 10% offā€ wouldā€™ve gone a long way in my book.
Cackle made a mistake on my first order and sent lavender Orpingtons instead of lavender Ameraucana and they refunded me the cost.

I've heard it helps if you call your post office and warn them/ask them to call you asap when they arrive. I've only ever picked up chicks from hatchery/TSC, haven't done the whole shipped chick thing.
This is a good idea. They may want to call or visit to confirm if that is the correct location also. When I ordered chicks, I stopped in at the PO closest to me and was told that chicks arrive at a different facility. Glad I asked! Sign up for text notifications too - I received my text notification an hour before receiving my phone call.
And yes, I was constantly checking the online tracking. So exciting and so nerve wrackingšŸ˜‚

Edit:Just finished reading the whole thread - that is crazy about the mix-up! Hope you eventually get the chicks you want šŸ™‚

Last edited:
Tbh I would have expected them to offer a discount of some sort given the inconvenience this is on me.
They are replacing them for free though right?

At least to me, I can kinda see why they didnā€™t. You did get over 20 chicks for free and even if you sold them for $1 each, that is still a pretty big discount off of 4 (I am not making that up right?) chicks.

I am obviously biased as I that is where I got mine from, but I would say to give them another shot.

Did they all make it alive and healthy?

At least to me, I can kinda see why they didnā€™t. You did get over 20 chicks for free and even if you sold them for $1 each, that is still a pretty big discount off of 4 (I am not making that up right?) chicks.

I am obviously biased as I that is where I got mine from, but I would say to give them another shot.

Yes. All are well. I do understand mistakes happen and Iā€™m not looking to get my birds free. It was more the point of my inconvenience having taken multiple days off of work and now needing to find them homes. I donā€™t have the set up for this many etcā€¦ they certainly admitted they made a mistake but that was the extent. I do believe these are very health and happy birds. Four just left and the rest will follow soon. We might (who am I kidding, we will) keep 2.

Attachments

• IMG_9395.jpeg
    IMG_9395.jpeg
    633.9 KB · Views: 12

No. Not free. Just sending me my original order Sunday.

No. Not free. Just sending me my original order Sunday.
Sorry, I worded that weird. I meant they arenā€™t charging you double (as in the first that was messed up and then the one that will be coming).
I am not charging for them. I hadnā€™t even considered that tbh.
I wasnā€™t suggesting that you do that, just that I could see that possibility being the reason you werenā€™t given a discount

Back
Top Bottom