Introducing silkies to guineas

brualy

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 3, 2014
Hello! I have 5 adult guineas that I want to introduce 2 baby silkies to and would like to know the best way to do this. In the past when I introduced keets to the adults, I had the babies inside a dog kennel inside the coop so they could get used to each other for about a month. Would that work with these too? Thanks for your help!

Hello! I have 5 adult guineas that I want to introduce 2 baby silkies to and would like to know the best way to do this. In the past when I introduced keets to the adults, I had the babies inside a dog kennel inside the coop so they could get used to each other for about a month. Would that work with these too? Thanks for your help!
An adult flock of guineas are not very likely to be accepting of young guinea keets unless the keets are raised by a flock member. I think that trying to add silkies to a flock of adult guineas will end badly for the silkies.

An adult flock of guineas are not very likely to be accepting of young guinea keets unless the keets are raised by a flock member. I think that trying to add silkies to a flock of adult guineas will end badly for the silkies.
Thanks for the advice - I certainly do not want any of my birds to be in harms way!

Back
Top Bottom