Introduction area

nickey

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2013
Can I see what set up you have for housing newbies while working on introduction to the current flock? I need ideas. Have a friend who wants to trim her numbers (by 2 at least) and currently have 1 roo and 2 hens.

What does your current setup look like?
20230910_120351.jpg
20230910_120401.jpg

I thought they might roost on thebpallets which are secured to the wall. They dont they roost on the flat shelves. The step stool was blocking out the rooster while I was putting down fresh bedding

I thought they might roost on thebpallets which are secured to the wall. They dont they roost on the flat shelves. The step stool was blocking out the rooster while I was putting down fresh bedding
2 reasons: 1) the shelves are the highest point, so their natural instinct is to go up high and 2) the pallet slats aren't going to be comfortable to stand on, you have them turned so their feet would sit on a corner and on a narrow part of each slat. They'd really need to be deconstructed so each slat would sit parallel to the ground, like ladder steps.

2 reasons: 1) the shelves are the highest point, so their natural instinct is to go up high and 2) the pallet slats aren't going to be comfortable to stand on, you have them turned so their feet would sit on a corner and on a narrow part of each slat. They'd really need to be deconstructed so each slat would sit parallel to the ground, like ladder steps.
Yes, I know. I'm fine with them using the shelves. I like that they have options and can use the vertical space that was already there. Poop boards would be ideal, but I was suprised that these clean up as easily as they do. I have contemplated sanding them lightly and add sticky floor tiles, but wasnt sure if that would be too slick without bedding.

Back
Top Bottom