Is a baby potbelly pig a good additon to add to ur pets??

Amy54

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
Georiga
Hi i was wondering i was think about geting a baby pot belly pig they are selling them where i live its 5 weeks old soo cute weighs 2lbs what does anyone think? any info about potbelly pigs

They make good pets but be sure you have plenty of time to spend with them. We love ours.
love.gif

17452_img_0782.jpg

17452_img_0786.jpg

also, a lot of pot belly breeders are selling mixed breeds. At the height of the craze people started selling any and all pigs as "pot belly" to get in the pet market.

Quote:
you do realize they don't stay small, right? A mature pot belly pig can easily grow to over 100 pounds and be 16" tall. They aren't quite as cute when they are grown.

Quote:
you do realize they don't stay small, right? A mature pot belly pig can easily grow to over 100 pounds and be 16" tall. They aren't quite as cute when they are grown.

agreed. I see tons of potbelly pigs that are out of the cute stage for free on CL all the time. I don't think people realize (or just don't care) that the 2lb piglet can mature into a 100lb pig.

Some of the mini-pig strains originally bred for labratory purposes stay much smaller. Yucatans are one lab pig that can sometimes be adopted as adults from labs. The smaller ones weigh in at 50 pounds. Some get much bigger though. I can't remember the other kinds of the top of my head...but that is one possibility.

Pigs can be very...head strong. I'd love one someday, but they can be a handful, especially if wanted as an indoor pet. My coworker and friend had one, and she was very sweet, but very time consuming. As with anything, research, research, research before buying, but especially with an animal that ends up 'for sale' so often. Very happy to see you are poking around and asking people about their experiences.
thumbsup.gif

I see your in georgia, but check out california potbellied pig associations website, one of the most informative websites of pb care out there! Iv adopted my two girls from them and love them but they are a unique outer and require alot of dedication, my advice is to do lots of research first!

Quote:
love.gif
I got my first PBP from Texas... (Best little pot belly pig house in Texas...something like that anyways...)
I LOVE those curly haired ones though!!!!!!!!!
th.gif
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom