Is anyone locking down for Avian flu?

I watched flocks of geese migrating north overhead this afternoon and wondered if any of them might be carrying it. Thankfully they were high up but will no doubt be coming down to rest somewhere north of me tonight, Northumberland or the Scottish borders perhaps. It's so sad to be worried and suspicious of every wild bird you see instead of being able to watch and wonder at how amazing they are.

I watched flocks of geese migrating north overhead this afternoon and wondered if any of them might be carrying it. Thankfully they were high up but will no doubt be coming down to rest somewhere north of me tonight, Northumberland or the Scottish borders perhaps. It's so sad to be worried and suspicious of every wild bird you see instead of being able to watch and wonder at how amazing they are.

I know!!!
Used to watch I'm amazement, now ...

]The Department of Agriculture here in Ireland has made it compulsory to lock them up. I've only got a flock of 11 hens at the moment so we were able to make a tunnel with small straw bales for the walls and chicken mesh for the roof. It took about a day to put up (We had to do it on Christmas Eve), yet it is really hard to change food and water. Poor hens:(.

]The Department of Agriculture here in Ireland has made it compulsory to lock them up. I've only got a flock of 11 hens at the moment so we were able to make a tunnel with small straw bales for the walls and chicken mesh for the roof. It took about a day to put up (We had to do it on Christmas Eve), yet it is really hard to change food and water. Poor hens:(.

Hi. Can really sympathise. My garden is a mess of tunnels with tarpaulin and bamboo etc. Just keep smiling x

Back
Top Bottom