Is Cas a girl? Behavior/Posture questions

Actually!! I think what I have learned is the MALE geese have the high pitched honk and the females have the low HONK. I think... Thats how it is with Kiwi and Mango. Kiwi is very very loud and screaming but Mango HONKS
Can't always go by voice it seems, My Buff sounds like a Ban Shee when she lets out a honk or scream what ever it may be and she was 1 this past May. I keep waiting for the voice to change. Just to protect my ears.

It's just so shrill! Like bone chilling when he(or she? Lol) let's loose because he can't see me. That's the only time he does it is when I'm not in his immediate sight, so I'm not the one that's really complaining about it my poor hub...Lol

It's just so shrill! Like bone chilling when he(or she? Lol) let's loose because he can't see me. That's the only time he does it is when I'm not in his immediate sight, so I'm not the one that's really complaining about it my poor hub...Lol
I think my female Buff could break glass. It can really hurt. Poor hubs

I think my female Buff could break glass. It can really hurt. Poor hubs

Hahaha!! I don't know if you remember this but I used to tell stories about Pear the first screaming at me every morning when I opened the back door, THAT was loud. I had to covered my ears around November because she was just soooo loud.

Hahaha!! I don't know if you remember this but I used to tell stories about Pear the first screaming at me every morning when I opened the back door, THAT was loud. I had to covered my ears around November because she was just soooo loud.
They can also pierce ear drums. LOL

what's going on with the Vultures?

Last edited:
Update...Cas went to the vet last week for a check up. He's a "picture of health" I'm told. Vet tried to check his vent and Cas was having none of it! Actually bit her, stomped his foot and did a sort of low rumbly thing kinda like a dog growl Lol!

He had behaved so beautifully until that point, allowed the vet to lift his wings, pick him up, everything without a fuss. I was so proud! The vet is lovely and just adored him. She didn't even flinch when he nipped her, simply apologized to HIM!!

I had her take a feather she will send off for DNA testing for me and we'll just find out that way I guess! Lol

Update...Cas went to the vet last week for a check up. He's a "picture of health" I'm told. Vet tried to check his vent and Cas was having none of it! Actually bit her, stomped his foot and did a sort of low rumbly thing kinda like a dog growl Lol!

He had behaved so beautifully until that point, allowed the vet to lift his wings, pick him up, everything without a fuss. I was so proud! The vet is lovely and just adored him. She didn't even flinch when he nipped her, simply apologized to HIM!!

I had her take a feather she will send off for DNA testing for me and we'll just find out that way I guess! Lol
Sounds like Cas was insulted. lol Look forward to hearing the news? does it matter to you which Cas turns out to be?

Oh cas ;)

Back
Top Bottom