Is Duck Egg still good to hatch??? Last one

Muscovy-palooza

Songster
Oct 17, 2018
East Tennessee
20190409_181802.jpg One of three eggs hatched just before noon yesterday and the second in the late afternoon. The third and last egg has no signs of cracks. Is it possible that the egg is bad? Momma is still sitting very attentively on that last one but the first two and beginning to get a little bored and curious. What should I expect? I have food and water out for the little ones but momma isnt taking them to it. Or maybe she has when I didn't see. Do I need to intervene, and if so at what point and what to do? I held both of the ducklings and tried to show them the water but they didn't take a drink.

Pick it up and put it to your ear you may hear peeps you can also candle. But yes they can be spread out over 3 days or more she’ll get up and leave the nest soon I’d say. But put food and water close so babes can find it on their own I’ve had to do that with my Muscovy's.

I actually tried listening to the egg but I heard nothing. I will try checking again tomorrow. There were 4 eggs but I am not sure where the 4th one is. It could be buried in the hay. I assume that momma may have culled it. I have food and water out for them. Hopefully I will awaken to a new duckling in the morning.
Thank you for help!

Any news?
Thank you for asking! I went down and checked, listened to the egg but still nothing. Would the momma still sit on it if there are no signs of life? The other two ducklings are getting rambunctious. I sat with them for an hour or more and offered them crumbles and water but they didn't take any.
Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom