Is he mute?

Jared Vera

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
Texas, Usaaaaaaa
My 1 year and 3 month old roosters all sing, except for one, Caramello. I had previously asked this question about 4-5 months ago I think, and the tip answer was that he was a late bloomer, but he is over one year old and he still doesn’t crow. And his crest was decently sized but it seems as if his crest is slowly shrinking. I don’t know why or maybe if it’s related to him not being able to sing. His clucking is also different from what how other chickens cluck.

With so many roosters around he is most likely the lowest in the pecking order so not pushing his luck in fear of being attacked.

Birds are very visual, if he hears and knows the other roosters are around , he is likely going to want to either retreat or find his place. Yours seems to want to retreat and not cause any conflict.

Birds are very visual, if he hears and knows the other roosters are around , he is likely going to want to either retreat or find his place. Yours seems to want to retreat and not cause any conflict.
But he is always hangs around the other roosters and he never retreats when they fight. He doesn’t fight anyone but he doesn’t cower. He just loves being around the roosters and when the two main roosters hear trouble or something, he comes along with the roosters.

Back
Top Bottom