Is he sick?

He not molting they don't lose feathers off there feathers he just has the stems of his train feather I think something is picking the feather maybe the chickens could be mice.

These are all interesting facts; Food-I bought some "game bird" peacock food over the winter-huge bag for 2 birds and 95% of the time they didn't eat it, so I'd be tossing it after a couple days. Their diet has been dry cat food(good cat food high pro not the cheap crap my cats would kill me), veggie diet such as lettuce and whatever else I'd have laying around. Now they can go out and get whatever, they aren't cooped up, they stay around the house, or on the house that is......There is some cracked corn for the chickens he might nibble on.

The lights-maybe that's it? I do have quite a few in there, I could shut some down and see if that helps.

IF that's the girl peacock in the background pic(I was told she was but still not sure cuz she's not into him at all, maybe too young?), she keeps her distance from him most of the time. They walk around together but for the most part she isn't sitting by him or pecking at him. He roosts almost all the time when he's in the house. Most likely it's not mice or rats eating his feathers, unless they are trapeze artist. I couldn't see him sitting still for that either, he can be a flighty one if anything gets too close to him he isn't comfortable with. He is touchy with the tail too, hates anything messing with it.

This is his new tail for the year and at first it looks perfect and just recently started doing this. Maybe he's growing some new ones? Maybe it was too windy; we've had super winds out here when he was getting his tail but he doesn't stay out in it very long. He seems to be dropping a few feathers a day.

Thanks for all the input.

75619_100_2539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom