Is it actually a roo?

Koyote_

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2023
I think it’s a she but I saw another on here that looks similar but it was actually a rooster? Also what breed is it?

Attachments

• 20230726_130237_Original.jpeg
    20230726_130237_Original.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230625_145736_Original.jpeg
    20230625_145736_Original.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 34
Oh I feel stupid I thought it was a she, it’s name was Dorothy and she even got in the nest boxes. I never saw her nesting but she would mess up the eggs and straw in them. Anyway a predator got him the other day and none of the chickens are doing well right now, they won’t even eat out of my hand anymore, i feel like they’re judging me for it. He was my very favorite chicken, he’d fly to my arm or shoulder to be the first one to eat. I’ve never seen a chicken with so much personality.

Oh I feel stupid I thought it was a she, it’s name was Dorothy and she even got in the nest boxes. I never saw her nesting but she would mess up the eggs and straw in them. Anyway a predator got him the other day and none of the chickens are doing well right now, they won’t even eat out of my hand anymore, i feel like they’re judging me for it. He was my very favorite chicken, he’d fly to my arm or shoulder to be the first one to eat. I’ve never seen a chicken with so much personality.
So sorry that you lost him. We had a dog attack right after we moved our pullets to the coop and lost 4 of 7, plus an older hen. My 3 remaining pullets are still skittish, probably always will be. I’m still traumatized. One of my chicks was super friendly and I feel like I failed her.

I love his coloring - will you get another rooster at some point?

Back
Top Bottom