is it my pc??

branston

Chirping
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Virginia
Not sure if it's my computer or the new updated forum but it seems incredibly slow and takes forever to either post or get on a new subject?? Not many seem to be answering questions these days? I posted a question yesterday and still have no replies. Before, you'd get a lot on replies. I love backyardchickens forum, it has been such a great help to me and I have learned so much. Hope things get a little faster

I agree,,,,I can't even find my old pics I had loaded up...it takes too long to post new ones...so I have gone from being someone on and off all day, to barely checking it...I hope they get the kinks out soon...I miss chatting!

Before you give up, try downloading Google Chrome. It took just a couple of minutes and made a HUGE difference for me.

Just go look on the Google home page for the free download.

I want to ad that I had been unable to post pictures here for almost a year, but now it's simple and quick.

Last edited:
There are several threads here about improving your speed. Most folks have issues using an older version IE. Chrome seems to make most folks much faster. My MacBook never noticed at all, just saying.

Like all new things, new operating systems, new cell phones, new cable TV channel lineups, new ATMs at the bank, etc. it just takes adjustment. There's no going back, and no undoing it, so onward and upward.

A slow loading pc can be many problems. Here is a short list slow internet, outdated pc or software, background programs running or updating, compromised security and many other factors.
I get calls from family about once every 2-3 months about their pc running slow. It is a tedious task hunting down the problem.
I know BYC is not the problem! I built my PC ground up from top of the line gaming hardware about a year ago and have no problems with BYC. Fast as lightning for me.
The best advice i can give is have someone that knows what they are doing, come in track down the problem. Buying "speed up" or "fix now" programs usually do not fix the problem and can
even add to the problem.

My computer and operating systems are fine. Everything is up to date. When BYC first switched over, it was just as fast as before. It seems to me that it has gotten worse over the past week. It's at the point where posting anything is a hassle. I have to choose wisely which threads I will read because it takes so long for the page to load.

I'm tempted to try out another GFM to see if it will help speed things up without all the ads at the right, but I hate to spend the money if it will not help. Has anyone seen a difference with a GFM?

I love BYC and I normally visit several times a day to catch up on threads. Lately I've been having a difficult time going on just once because it is so slow. I don't mind the new platform, I just wish something could be done to speed it up. I don't have problems with any other websites I am on.

Back
Top Bottom