Is my 6 week old Ameraucana chick a rooster ?

My bad I meant for my ameraucana how long would it take for me to notice, sorry should've specified. My buff is 100% girl she's always laying eggs. This is her

Also are roosters less friendly when it comes to people, because Brooklyn loves to be held and touched and sleeps in my arms just as the rest do..

Since I assume you are referring to the black and white one? I am pretty confident now that one is a cockerel. In the next couple of weeks his comb will really start to grow 3 defined rows of peas and be real red. Of course you can't be 100% sure until crow or egg, but that looks like a boy.

Not to sound stupid cause I really don't know, but is a cockerel and a rooster the same thing? And that black and white bird you posted a picture of, is that what my bird could possibly look like?

Not to sound stupid cause I really don't know, but is a cockerel and a rooster the same thing? And that black and white bird you posted a picture of, is that what my bird could possibly look like?

Rooster is a word to describe all male chickens. Cockerel is a rooster less than a year old, Cock is a rooster over a year old. And no your Ameraucana will have a different body type and colored black and white. My rooster is Blue/Black/Splash.

my cockerals are always the friendliest as chicks but then when they "hit puberty" they get fiesty , but with plenty of love and socialization they can stay sweet. :D

Yeah all of my newer birds are super sweet they love to be held as long as you calm them down.. When my parents realize she's a rooster they'll want to get rid of her despite how much we love her, how can I keep her quiet/ tolerable so we can attempt to keep her.. Our hens aren't crazy loud but when this bird grows up I'm a bit nervous with how things may end up.

Back
Top Bottom