Is my Blue Andalusian considered a blue, black, or splash?

farlo4

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 13, 2014
Hello
I love my blue Andalusian and I think she's just beautiful! But I'm wondering what her coloration is considered? I know that a lot of andalusians aren't actually a true "blue."

She's about 10 weeks old.

Hello
I love my blue Andalusian and I think she's just beautiful! But I'm wondering what her coloration is considered? I know that a lot of andalusians aren't actually a true "blue."

She's about 10 weeks old.

the phenotype(looks of bird) description is Black Laced Blue, he/she look different to other blue birds because it actully carry the Pattern gene, Columbian and Melanotic(seen on hackle as black feathers) on Extended black background Blue cant dilute Melanotic and if you add the pattern gene and columbian this will push black to the edges of the birds feathers

the phenotype(looks of bird) description is Black Laced Blue, he/she look different to other blue birds because it actully carry the Pattern gene, Columbian and Melanotic(seen on hackle as black feathers) on Extended black background Blue cant dilute Melanotic and if you add the pattern gene and columbian this will push black to the edges of the birds feathers
Aahh, good explanation. I think the pattern is beautiful.

Awesome, thanks. Do any of you know what coloration judges look for when these birds are shown?

Okay, thank you. I really want to start showing my birds, but they were bought from my local farmer's store, so they aren't show quality. I'm finding that I'm going to have to get some from a breeder next spring.

Back
Top Bottom