Is my dog part pitbull?

Anyone have an idea of what kind of dog this might be?
Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 8.30.12 PM.png

We had an Am Pit/Great Dane X, 'Jon-Luc', he was a 'gentle giant', that had a face, only a Mum would love and I did, very, very much...I would sit with him in the late afternoon on our front driveway- a neighbour would walk their Chi past and that nasty little dog would walk up to JL and bark and carry on like a banshee...JL would place his head on my lap with a look on his face, as if to say, "Oh Mum, not again!" ...I have heard that some of M. Vick's re-homed Pits have made gorgeous companions, after suffering at his hands...so, 1. I wouldn't trust any breed of dog around small children, unsupervised and 2. Pits get a lot of 'bad' publicity and any dog with teeth in their head is capable of some degree of damage, if they bite...
Anyone have an idea of what kind of dog this might be?View attachment 1198143
Boxer/Aussie Collie Mix

If you raise your dog (any breed of dog) to be a social loving companyon you probably will never have a aggresive problem with him. IN MY EXPERIENCE aggersive dogs are owned by stupid people. Be the alpha and teach the puppy what you exspect of him now for the rest of his life. Good luck.

Whether it has Pitbull in him out not should not be a concern. The breed has a bad reputation because of idiots that like to fight these dogs. I've owned 3 purebred puts in my life and they have been the sweetest most lovable dogs around. They are very gentle with children and make great companions. Out all depends on how they are raised. If raised with love they're fantastic. If raised by beating, starving or abusing they become the terrors everyone's afraid of. But ever terrors can be rehabilitated if given the proper caring and loving environment.

Okay. I realize this hasn’t been touched in a while but I can’t NOT say anything. Unless a dog has a pedigree stating that is an American Pit Bull Terrier then don’t call it a “pit bull”. The term pit bull is a nick name for the APBT, a very rare and human friendly breed(not friendly towards other dogs). 90% of dogs labeled as pit bulls are just bully breed mixes, aka MUTTS. Bully breeds include Am staffs, Staffys, doggo Ar., etc... By saying any dog with a wide and blocky head is a pit bull, you are increasing bite statistics for a group of dogs that isn’t even doing the biting! If you say your “pibble” is the sweetest dog ever, it probably is. But it probably doesn’t have one pinch of ACTUAL pit bull in it. All those dogs labeled in shelters as lab or pit bull
Mixes are just MUTTS. Don’t try and put a breed’s name to it. Phenotyping isn’t accurate at all. Pit bull isn’t a blanket term. Stop hurting innocent MUTTS. That is all

As an example of how NOBODY can look at a dog and tell 100% what breed it is, try and guess what my dog is. I got him from a shelter and DNA tested him to see what he is. A few years later I was even able to track down his breeder and verify the results. I have yet to meet someone who can accurately guess what he is.

Attachments

• 329F2656-F55E-43B1-B645-6B052C13360E.jpeg
    329F2656-F55E-43B1-B645-6B052C13360E.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 102
What breed is this sweet girl?.....100% turtlebuster and Boudreaux pitbull, 36lbs at catch weight and the best all around dog in the world
she doesnt look like a pitbull the news would show you does she
Wow it's pretty! Yep, defenatly have a part pitt.

Back
Top Bottom