How to cope with dog death.

I'm sorry, Jared. Reading your post and all these replies has me sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I know how a pet can be a better friend than some humans, and it can hurt just as bad or more. :hugs

hug.jpg

The vet said the best option is to put him down. He has a rectal tumor, completely cancerous, and it’s affecting many other systems, including his lungs.

I’m in agreement, but it doesn’t mean I won’t miss him.

I’m sorry, I can’t post anymore right now. I’ll post more later when I’m in a better emotional state.
So very sorry.

I am a firm believer that God gave us dogs in our lives to teach and instruct us! I also believe that God will put those perfect creations of his in heaven and we will see all our beloved dogs joyful in Heaven! I write this thorough tears and with a heavy heart sharing the pain I know you feel as I and others that have known the trusting love of a dog in our lives have felt many times. I recently lost my dear Lucy, a bird dog rescue that loved us and filled our hearts, like all the ones before her. She too passed from cancer, too suddenly for us to come to grips with. I see her in my minds eye playing with all the beloved and wonderful dogs I have known in heaven and wagging her tail thinking of me while waiting for me to come to her. I need to dry my eyes and you do too because they would not like to see us hurting. There is a time and season for everything and this is the season for loving all God's creatures and trusting in God! Give your love for this dog to another needy dog and you will be comforted, though they may be different, the rewards are the same for sharing your love with a needy and trusting creature. God made dogs special and he knew what he was doing!

I am a firm believer that God gave us dogs in our lives to teach and instruct us! I also believe that God will put those perfect creations of his in heaven and we will see all our beloved dogs joyful in Heaven! I write this thorough tears and with a heavy heart sharing the pain I know you feel as I and others that have known the trusting love of a dog in our lives have felt many times. I recently lost my dear Lucy, a bird dog rescue that loved us and filled our hearts, like all the ones before her. She too passed from cancer, too suddenly for us to come to grips with. I see her in my minds eye playing with all the beloved and wonderful dogs I have known in heaven and wagging her tail thinking of me while waiting for me to come to her. I need to dry my eyes and you do too because they would not like to see us hurting. There is a time and season for everything and this is the season for loving all God's creatures and trusting in God! Give your love for this dog to another needy dog and you will be comforted, though they may be different, the rewards are the same for sharing your love with a needy and trusting creature. God made dogs special and he knew what he was doing!

Being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I completely agree. I have a strong testimony that God has a place for dogs, rabbits, and all our pets. I have a firm testimony we will see them again.

Being a hunter, it’s a little easier for me to see an animal die, but it’s a lot different when it’s your own pet.

Thank you for your kind words.

Give your love for this dog to another needy dog and you will be comforted, though they may be different, the rewards are the same for sharing your love with a needy and trusting creature.
I'm not a believer of any one specific religion, but I do believe that there is a God who fosters love for us, through the responsibility He's given us, to love and care for all His living creatures. By giving us humans dominion over all living beings, it means He has trusted us with the responsibility of caring for them just as He would.
Of course we fail, we are not Gods, but we try to come as close as we can - We are sad that our pets do not live as long as we do but God gives us this blessing - that we learn from each pet, to do better and better for every next pet, getting closer little by little to the way He wants us to care for His creatures.
As an old person, I've had to euthanize many beloved dogs, cats, horses. And each time, it has been heartbreaking but has taught me more, about how to take even better care of the next animal.
Every time the next animal has come into my life (mostly they do the choosing) I've been a better caretaker. loved them just as much, and cared for them with better understanding.

Hi Jared, I just saw this. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how it hurts, I've been there too. How I cope is first I cry a lot, then I remind myself that love requires hard decisions sometimes. And then, as soon as possible, I get another dog. Not to take the place of my lost love, no no. But because there is a dog-shaped hole in my heart, and only another dog can fill it. There is just no joy in my life without a dog. But ... that's what works for me. I'm sure you'll find what works for you. God bless and comfort you, my friend. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom