Pikelet the spaniel with dog adhd (hyperkinesis)

That’s because they aren’t videos of an actual training session, some of her behaviour is definitely not knowing what to do. What I wanted to show was the twitching, her sudden head movements to the side and her eyes are flicking around a lot

I tried scent work with her but she couldn’t concentrate long enough for it. It just ended up frustrating for both of us 😅
Training session or not, she's still looking to you to tell her what to do. Since you are having issues, I wouldn't give her any commands in a situation where you aren't going to either mark the behavior or correct a wrong reaction. Just to avoid more confusion on her part. (To be clear I don't mean any kind of physical or negative thing for corrections. In my case, if me dog doesn't follow the command after a set time, I say "uh-oh" and give the command again."

I guess I'm not seeing what you are in her movements. To me it just looks like an energetic dog trying to solve a problem. I think your plan to find a trainer is a good one. Maybe she just needs a specific type of training in order to learn.

I see normal spaniel behavior. She is still a puppy.

And if you say a command and not reward she is going to do something until you do. Even my dogs do that.

I never say a command if im not going to praise, and i always make sure they follow through. Even if it takes me showing them what to do, although ther know the command.

When wanting her to come get excited she will come.

Teach offered focus, she will learn to watch you.

And if you say a command and not reward she is going to do something until you do. Even my dogs do that.

I never say a command if im not going to praise, and i always make sure they follow through. Even if it takes me showing them what to do, although ther know the command.

To me it looks like the dog is pretty focused on her human, but she's not getting any feedback to tell her what to do or if what she is doing is right. 🤷‍♀️

You said you tried training the sniffing stuff
Scent work? I don’t think she was that young when I tried to do it. I gave up because she couldn’t even find treats in the middle of the floor where she saw me put them
Training session or not, she's still looking to you to tell her what to do. Since you are having issues, I wouldn't give her any commands in a situation where you aren't going to either mark the behavior or correct a wrong reaction. Just to avoid more confusion on her part. (To be clear I don't mean any kind of physical or negative thing for corrections. In my case, if me dog doesn't follow the command after a set time, I say "uh-oh" and give the command again."

I guess I'm not seeing what you are in her movements. To me it just looks like an energetic dog trying to solve a problem. I think your plan to find a trainer is a good one. Maybe she just needs a specific type of training in order to learn.
How she is behaving is how she does after many training sessions which are clear on what she needs to do. That tense twitch movement used to be how she was 24/7 unless crated
@SpotTheCat have you ever had a dog breed similar to hers?
To who’s?

The bit you are missing is I have spent a long time (5months probably) teaching her focus/engagement as well as a sit/stay It should not take that long and then be this bad! You can see the other dogs in comparison.

Again I can only take a video of a tiny bit of her day and life, I doubt there is anything I can say that will change your mind :idunnoand I didn’t start this thread to change people’s minds, I started it because I thought it was interesting and to update people on what’s happening

I am not looking for training advice because I know my skill level and I know by this age she should be able to do a lot more then she can

You cannot judge her behaviour or my training solely on a few short videos. At the end of the day no matter what I say there will always be somebody who thinks if that was my dog she would have no issues and be perfectly trained! Because its easy to judge people and dogs when you know extremely little about them

I am not going to be updating this thread any longer

I wanted to show people dog behaviour issues are not all ways caused by you but instead I just have people judging my knowledge and skills and blaming me

Scent work? I don’t think she was that young when I tried to do it. I gave up because she couldn’t even find treats in the middle of the floor where she saw me put them

How she is behaving is how she does after many training sessions which are clear on what she needs to do. That tense twitch movement used to be how she was 24/7 unless crated

To who’s?

The bit you are missing is I have spent a long time (5months probably) teaching her focus/engagement as well as a sit/stay It should not take that long and then be this bad! You can see the other dogs in comparison.

Again I can only take a video of a tiny bit of her day and life, I doubt there is anything I can say that will change your mind :idunnoand I didn’t start this thread to change people’s minds, I started it because I thought it was interesting and to update people on what’s happening

I am not looking for training advice because I know my skill level and I know by this age she should be able to do a lot more then she can

You cannot judge her behaviour or my training solely on a few short videos. At the end of the day no matter what I say there will always be somebody who thinks if that was my dog she would have no issues and be perfectly trained! Because its easy to judge people and dogs when you know extremely little about them
Ohhh okay

Back
Top Bottom