Is My hen Going to Hatch her eggs

Yes she has food so now I should just leave her to do her job if they hatch then great if they don't and she is still broody she i get some more fertile eggs?

You did not answer the other parts of the question---I do not know what size pen you got her in---Small or XXXX Large. Does she have plenty of room? Some where to get off the eggs for a while, a place to stretch her legs??? If you got her in a small crate then she needs more room. She should have enough room to where she HAS to get off the eggs to go and eat and drink---not being able to eat/drink while she is sitting on the eggs. If she can eat while sitting on the eggs she will poop in the nest---for sure the last days----and that's NOT good.

"""I""" would not allow one of my hens to have to set for 3 more weeks after her first 3 weeks failed. I would break her instead of resetting her----some people do reset. With me I worry about her health plus I have plenty more broodies so I let her get her strength built back up and goes broody again to set her again.

Their has been lots to do today, she is in a good sized dog crate I would say medium sized. When I changed her water she was up eating.

Last edited:
Sorry I am new this , so if she is pooping on the eggs should I make her more room. How do make her more room? Should I get her a huge cardboard box for her?

Last edited:
I do not know,but she made her self look big and got grumpy when ever somebody went near the crate.I believe I need to make her more space.

O I forgot to mention the poop on it was like a few little pieces and they were there when the person who gave us the eggs brought them over.

Last edited:
I do not know,but she made her self look big and got grumpy when ever somebody went near the crate.I believe I need to make her more space.
Forget about the poopy eggs then..........A Broody hen can set eggs in a tiny Box.....A Dog crate works great....You can leave her door open and leave her food and water at the door...........They do not require lots of room while setting the eggs....All they do is, SET eggs......Not sure what your dealing with?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom