Is my hen squatting from injury or breeding?

Thanks for the compliment. No the tom had no other turkeys at his former place. He was fighting with wild turkeys thru the fence and I saw them there when we picked him up. The lady got him when he was a few months old. thats why I think he doesn't know how to act and my hen doesn't either. I know she has never seen another turkey since I got her. She was young, didn't have all her feathers. maybe 6-8 weeks old.

I just wrote a novel about the free range date they had and its gone! Summary..They ignored each other yesterday. All fowl free ranged today until Bubba (the tom) picked a big fight with my GLW rooster. My husband had to grab Bubba and he went back into the pen. I put the hen in there with him (her name is BoomBoom) I was doing chores near the pen and she came up to the fence. I looked up to see Bubba on top of her! She must have squatted because I was there. He took full advantage of the opportunity.She did lift her tail for him. When he was finished he wouldn't stop strutting for her and puffing up. She was kind of in a daze. I put her back in her pen and he's in his. Could this be the start of something good?

Back
Top Bottom