Is there a such thing as a hermaphrodite

Quote:
I think you have a hen turkey. The have snoods too and some even grow beards and spurs. Some like to mimic. Even hen chickens can look rooish and crow. But I have never heard of hens preforming these actions as well as a male of the same kind.
smile.png

Quote:
I agree. The lesser males can be quite talented at staying incognito. I would be too if I knew I was gonna get my butt whipped by the stronger alpha roo.

Quote:
I think you have a hen turkey. The have snoods too and some even grow beards and spurs. Some like to mimic. Even hen chickens can look rooish and crow. But I have never heard of hens preforming these actions as well as a male of the same kind.
smile.png

I have a hen turk with a 4 inch beard. For the longest time we thought she was a tom because of her beard & strutting. She turned out to be the BEST mother & protects my whole flock from hawks. She is a hand raised 6 year old who loves to be carried. SPOILED!!!
If there is a hawk around, all but her run for the barn. She waits for the predator. We have seen her several times chase off hawks & crows that land in the trees or barn lot.

I have two roos, one has a much larger comb and wattles than the less dominant one. I think that wattles and combs grow bigger on the dominant roos. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom