Is there any way to sex my geese?

I guess Iv learned to do it a little different. Your teen's are establishing total middle school behavior. Who is bigger, who is more popular, Who is in charge, Totally normal. But with 3 boys one is going to have to win the challenge. Around here its King George who will be 2 in April. He is a chill gander till someone challenges him. They do that by picking on one of his favorite girls.
I have learned what works for me is to let the boys fight it out then as soon as one starts his victory dance I go out. Look him in the eye walk towards him make him back down, Then I take my victory dance.
My girls are usually the instigators. The pick a gander who they want attention from and then the fight is on.... Its funny I can be sitting on the porch watching them and hear the chatter on one side of the group a girl will chatter quietly on the other side a boy will answer. This can go on for a while then the boy who has chosen here and is laying down next to her will wait till everyone gets up walk over to the other boy and throw his chest out as a warning. If he backs down which is usually the case like goes on.. If not well off we go.
AlI have to do is stand up and life is good again.
I have 6 ganders and 13 geese. Who all prefer to sleep in the same stall even though they have access to 2. They all get along when there home. But pastures and ponds bring out the true characteristics of pecking order.
So I guess what Im saying more girls will help but you will have to let them pick out the order that things are done. Just make sure you and your partner are always the final dance. It really dose make the geese more secure when your in charge.

Back
Top Bottom