Is there downside to treating for coccidosis without diagnosis? *graphic poop*

When your treatment is complete, it helps to give some poultry vitamins and probiotics to restore the gut bacteria and to replace any lost vitamins. Rooster Booster sells one that has both called Poultry Vitamins with Lactobacillus. Good luck.

Thanks for all the advice. No more bloody poop and they all seem to have more energy. I am glad we got 2 of each breed we have to compare them. I'm now sure it was one of the White Rock hens. The only difference in the hens before was that one of the White Rocks looked a little pale in the face and had "tired eyes". This is our first batch of chickens so I wasn't sure if that was what pale wattle means. Well today, her face is as pink as the other White Rock and everyone seemed eager to get to the run.

I did buy some Manna-Pro Life-Lytes tabs for after the Corid treatment. Can I use those?

I am relived they seem okay!! Thanks again.

Hello,

I posted this 2 days ago and I had one kind person reply. He suggested treating for corridosis. I found poop with blood 2 days in a row on the poop board and then today I didn't find any. I did find some later in the day in the run. None of the chickens are acting "sick" from what I can tell. This is our first batch of chickens and they are about 12 weeks old. I talked to a vet today and she said we could run the test, but now it's late on Saturday and they are closed. Should I wait until Monday or just treat with Corid?

Here is what I found on the poop board (took a picture after I had put it in the poop compost). Also, can I still use this poop compost if it is infected?

Any advice or thoughts would be great!
Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom